Pathfinder 1E Mummy Mask AP: Thoughts?

Crothian

First Post
Anyone go through it? I picked up the first book and I like the idea as I've been reading through it. I heard a number of people excited about the idea when this was announced but have heard little about it since it was published.

Starfox

Hero
Mummy's Mask is great if you like a series of dungeons with a connecting plot. Not so great if you want something sandboxy.

Edit: Made a review that said exactly this.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Mummy's Mask is great if you like a series of dungeons with a connecting plot. Not so great if you want something sandboxy.

Edit: Made a review that said exactly this.

That describes most if not all of the Adventure Paths though. If someone did not want that then AP's would not be the way to go.

Crothian

First Post
This one is more so than others, IMO.

How is the connecting plot? Anything that one needs to watch out for? And twists that don't work or random NPCs that need help or omitted? I like the idea of the different adventuring groups so when the chaos of book 2 hits I plan on showing how those different groups handle the situation.

Starfox

Hero
How is the connecting plot? Anything that one needs to watch out for? And twists that don't work or random NPCs that need help or omitted? I like the idea of the different adventuring groups so when the chaos of book 2 hits I plan on showing how those different groups handle the situation.

The adventures, while having a continuity, are pretty much separate. That means the metaplot is weak. If you want to insert your own metaplot, that should work eminently. Very few NPCs act in more than one scenario, or even in different parts of the same scenario. There are organizations acting in the shadows, but they are so deep in the shadows that adding or removing them need not really change much.

If this answer seems nonsensical, Its because I didn't really understand your question.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That describes most if not all of the Adventure Paths though. If someone did not want that then AP's would not be the way to go.

Dungeons? Not even slightly. A bit railroady by necessity, I'll give you, but a series of interconnected dungeons in no way describes most APs. Some have almost no dungeons in them at all!

Crothian

First Post
If this answer seems nonsensical, Its because I didn't really understand your question.

I'm honestly just trying to get some more opinions on the AP which appears to be much more difficult then I would have thought. I've started threads about it on different gaming boards and this so far has been the most productive.

Remove ads