• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Murder is the Pits

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
(No xp previously handed out for this adventure, KB.)

"Oh, I'm sure. I suppose I might have been mistaken when he tripped me, but when I stood up he tried to trip me again. Mostly, I want to know what it is he's upset about."

(ooc: the prior doubles matches were worth 300 xp each.)

Where is ironwolf's psicrystal?

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
Where is ironwolf's psicrystal?

Hmm? As I recall, it's currently on his person. When it is on his person, it clips itself on to the necklace he wears, the one with continual flame on it. I can sort through the prior posts if you'd like, but I'm 90% certain I recalled it before the match.

Also: Yay! Level 2! I'll try to get my level 2 character sheet aproved ASAP.

ajanders

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
Vanitri deftly moves around the stunned beast and inserts his rapier to good effect. The twin flanking with Tiny makes a similarly well placed strike with his sickle and shouts "Brother, finish him!" The other twin, who had been engaged in an Akward Moment (tm) with Ironwolf moves over and lands a forceful blow, leaving the beast lying in the sand. Silmultaneously, Micheal is successfully pushing his centipede onto the ferociously swung axe of the mountain, and their beast too is unmoving. The halfling leaps across their downed foe to caper triumphantly on the cleric's oversized shoulders, and the crowd roars its approval for the unusual pair. With a clear feild, Ironwolf charges into the remaining Beast and quite suddenly the day is won.

Tiny moves quickl over to Rosalynn and tosses the slightly suprised bard up to land on his shoulders. Recovering quickly, she ends her song on a final triumphant note while gesturing to the group as a whole. The crowd cheers even louder as the group leaves the ring.

Michael smiles and nods. "Thanks, Mountain. I thought that was going to get away from us for a minute."
He helps the halfling down and says "I'll catch up with you guys in a minute or so."
Then he walks slowly around the arena smiling at children and encouraging people to be Lawful Good (tm) until his spell wears off.
Along the way he takes an inventory of the whole team, who's hurt, who needs immediate healing, who looks poisoned, is anyone bleeding too much?

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri cheers for his teammates and eggs on the crowd's approval, pointing to each team member individualy for applause.

"Great job everyone." he says. "I'd gladly fight beside any of you."

He makes sure to find Tiny and say "Nice move Tiny, thanks for help."

Only when all is said and done does he remember the bets, and a broad grin appears on his face.

OOC: so 675 plus time (if you want to award that now, we're all 1st level, but I'm not sure if the exp changed per month before this game started, so it's either 50 or 100 per month since 5/27, so about 4 months, so it could be significant, because everyone will be second if it's 100 per).

OOC2: By my calculation, I should be taking home 1914 gold, 2 silver, 5 copper from betting (Which includes the money wagered and minus tax on the winnings). Let me know if that's correct.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bront said:
Vanitri cheers for his teammates and eggs on the crowd's approval, pointing to each team member individualy for applause.

the crowd responds loudest to Ironwolf and Micheal, with Rosalynn and Vanitri getting good cheers and the mountain cheers and laughter. Tiny and the twins get more 'polite' responses, though the half orc at least doesn't seem to mind.

"Great job everyone." he says. "I'd gladly fight beside any of you."

He makes sure to find Tiny and say "Nice move Tiny, thanks for help."
"No problem, you look good with me around, yes?"

Only when all is said and done does he remember the bets, and a broad grin appears on his face.

OOC: so 675 plus time (if you want to award that now, we're all 1st level, but I'm not sure if the exp changed per month before this game started, so it's either 50 or 100 per month since 5/27, so about 4 months, so it could be significant, because everyone will be second if it's 100 per).

OOC2: By my calculation, I should be taking home 1914 gold, 2 silver, 5 copper from betting (Which includes the money wagered and minus tax on the winnings). Let me know if that's correct.

ooc: my calculations are the same for gambling winnings (I should probably add the official workings of the Earling Pits Betting Office to one of the LEW world info threads). I'm not sure of the official protocol for giving time spent XP in mid adventure, though one of my DMs did... I will consult with the Judge on the matter.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
"Oh, I'm sure. I suppose I might have been mistaken when he tripped me, but when I stood up he tried to trip me again. Mostly, I want to know what it is he's upset about."
The Mountain looks very concerned, moreso when he realizes that the twins took a different route from the ring. "I think you should talk to Petra direct-like about this, boy. I don't know if you heard, but the reason you were brought in... There'd been some suspicious deaths, and we all assumed it was someone going after the master's stable, but the Twins seemed just as happy to be getting more ring time... Hard to imagine..." the halfling is obviously flustered by the very ideas that he is suggesting. "I think you should go to Petra with this."

Bront

The man with the probe
Kahuna Burger said:
"No problem, you look good with me around, yes?"

ooc: my calculations are the same for gambling winnings (I should probably add the official workings of the Earling Pits Betting Office to one of the LEW world info threads). I'm not sure of the official protocol for giving time spent XP in mid adventure, though one of my DMs did... I will consult with the Judge on the matter.
"Yes, you did a great job. I hope to return the favor some day." Vanitry replies.

OOC: It's whenever you want to award it. I've already given out time exp at least twice in my game. And we're still on the 100 per month schedule.

Patlin

Explorer
When a private moment allows, Ironwolf tells the other adventurers that he thinks the incident in the ring is likely to be unrelated to the murders. It just seems too blatant, and it's usually a mistake to assume that everything is related.

"What do you all think? Is this a lead on the murders, or something unrelated?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
When a private moment allows, Ironwolf tells the other adventurers that he thinks the incident in the ring is likely to be unrelated to the murders. It just seems too blatant, and it's usually a mistake to assume that everything is related.

"What do you all think? Is this a lead on the murders, or something unrelated?"
ooc: just to clarify on the 'blatentness', no one else realized that Ironwolf had been tripped rather than collided with, and if the Centipede had gotten a couple of good chomps in, no one would have ever known. (in metagamy terms, you got quite a lucky s.m. roll to recognize that it wasn't an accident yourself)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads