D&D 5E Murders & Crystal shards

wwanno

First Post
Does anybody know if "Murder in Baldur's Gate" and "Legacy of the Crystal Shard" will be ever updated to D&D 5th edition?
I know that there are stats in order to play those two modules with the playtest ruleset, but will the PDFs with the encounters and monsters stats be updated after the release date of the PHB & MM?
I waited and didn't play them becouse I would like to use them to introduce player's to the 5th edition Realms AND the 5th edition ruleset at once.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I'll try to find out. If not, it shouldn't be too difficult to post a list of monster stats.

Cheers!

wwanno

First Post
The problem are not the stats. Once we will have the MM it will be easy to have those stats.
The problem is balancing the encounters. If you take a look at the pdf and confront the same encounter for 3.5 and for 4e, you will see the number of enemies changing. Changing the rules, it changes the relative power of every monster, so in order to balance the encounters they changed the numbers of enemies found in every single encounter.
I think the same problem could arise between Playtest and 5th edition.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'd say if you're already converting the monsters, it's pretty easy to also change the numbers of them to conform to 5e guidelines.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Murder in Baldur's Gate is easy then - it doesn't have set encounters. You're meant to balance them yourselves from a list of selected creatures. :)

Legacy of the Crystal Shard will be more challenging, but not very much more.

Cheers!

Xodis

First Post
Im with you on this one, there are already a few inconsistencies between Murder and the Starter set stats, not to mention I'm sure a Players power level has probably changed from the PT to the PHB. Either way I'm thinking of just replacing monsters with MM equivalents, using PHB characters and stealing the story/setting.

Agamon

Adventurer
Either way I'm thinking of just replacing monsters with MM equivalents, using PHB characters and stealing the story/setting.

Yep, that's the way to go. Best way to convert pretty much any adventure published since the dawn of time. :)

Remove ads