[Mutant Future] Raiders of the Mind Lord's Tomb

Vertexx69

First Post
Valla produces another fruit from beneath her cloak and aims it at a spot on the ground, where it will hit the backs of the land lobsters without hitting her people. 1d20+5=8, 2d6=11, 1d100=24 However a root in the darkness fouls her aim and she tosses it into the wall instead.

Electric Wizard

First Post
Yella fends off the creature with great effort. In spite of his fresh wounds, he continues to clear the debris, hurling chunks of tile and concrete with gusto, spear in hand. The lobster leaps in for a second bite. Yella thwarts the attack with his spear haft, but its claw draws a line of blood on Yella's arm.

One of the creatures lunges for Ivy. Her arrow grazes the creature's carapace, but both of its claws still cut into her. With a cry, she twists away from its chattering mandibles and throws it to the floor. As she whirls to face its companion, she realizes that it is making tentative scuttles towards the trapped pig man. Hiss eyes dilate with horror. He begins thrashing as the gibbering thing draws near.

OOC: Yella takes 2 damage from the lobster's claw. Ivy takes 9 damage.

Shayuri

First Post
No more time to plink with arrows. A life was on the line.

Ivy flung out her left hand, the palm of which began to glow. A network of embedded light elements, far too small to see individually, formed a phased array laser that painted a pin-thin beam bridging the gap between her hand and the lobster-thing going for the trapped pigman.

The beam's output was not damaging. It was there only to ionize a path through the air. It was what followed that hurt.

A series of capacitors discharged from a protected cavity about where a human's lungs would normally be. Power surged up her arm, to an insulated point at the center of her palm. There was a loud buzzing CRACK, and a blue-white light suddenly lit up the cave like the dancing, blinding illumination of an arc-welding rig.

Lightning poured from her hand, following the path of the beam straight into the lobster's chitinous hide. It lasted only an instant, leaving only a fading green afterimage, a line of smoke, and the heavy smell of ozone like the air after a summer rain.

(Using energy blast; 16 to hit)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3971700/
(Does 16 damage)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3971707/

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Somehow I missed several posts. Odd.

"Shades of Iggy!" Yella shifts his spear to his left hand, thrusting defensively, and uses his right hand to pull an L-shaped device from within his tunic. He aims at the nearest lobstrosity. The device glows and a spot where Yella aims burns.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Switching to maser pistol.
Attack & Damage Roll: 1d20=5, 2d8=8
Damage Suffered: 13 (?)
[/sblock]

Electric Wizard

First Post
When the somewhat delicious-smelling smoke from Ivy's attack clears, little remains of the land lobster besides a scorched carapace. She whirls to face the second creature, bracing for its attack. Instead, she watches it flee, chattering, into the darkness.

The lobstrosity closest to Yella shifts to the side, missing the beam by pure chance. He curses his luck and braces himself for another lunge. Before it can attack, a spiny fruit hits him and explodes. Molten pieces of lobster are strewn across the floor.

The pig man lets out a weary, shuttering sigh as the retreating lobsters' piping fades.

"I thank," he says.

Electric Wizard

First Post
You remove the rest of the debris. Amazing, the pig man standing with the help of a section of thick pipe. His metal armor, now dented and torn beyond repair, probably spared him from permanent injury.

"I am Furug," he says. "Here no safe. You, you, you...go with me to home. I give you good."

Remove ads