• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds (Editors Thread & OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalimar

First Post
Well, I'll throw in a character since you did me the favor of remembering that I wanted in, thanks Tokiwong.

Nicknames: Windy, Princess
Code Name: Tempest
Name: Kelly Mitchell
Sex: Female
DOB: December 25th, 1997
POB: Boston, Mass.
Height: 5’ 4"
Weight: 94 lbs

Costume: A black-bodysuit with gold gloves, boots, and belt.
Power Level: 8

Weaknesses:
Vulnerable to Mental powers
Quirk, Trance: Due to the prolonged influences on her mind, Kelly has been known to slip into trances where she is unable to act for up to hours at a time. Kelly must make a will save when presented with something that can induce a trance, if she fails she is unable to take any action besides hovering a foot of the ground and staring, she can pay a hero point to ignore the effects of the trance for one scene. Physical threats invite a new will save each time they occur. Things that can induce a trance are up to the GM, but include mostly natural phenomen such as an extremely powerful storm or hurricane and major natural landmarks like Niagra falls, the Grandcanyon, etc.

Abilities (16 points)
Strength 10
Dexterity 18
Constitution 12
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 10
Charisma 16

Combat Abilities (19 points)
Attack bonus: +3
Defence Bonus: +5
Initiative: +4
Melee Attack: +3
Ranged Attack: +7
Damage Bonus: +8S or +8L with lightning or hail
Defence: 19 (20 in flight)
Flat-Footed Defence: 15
Mental Defence: 16
Damage Save: +1 (Protection 8)
Fortitude: +1
Reflex: +4
Willpower: +0
Move: 30
Fly: 40

Skills (15 points)
Diplomacy +10(7)[+16 W/ Fame + Attractive]]
Drive +5(1)
Perform +10(7)[+13 W/ Fame]

Feats: (11 points)
Aerial Combat
Attractive
Dodge(only while flying)
Fame
Heroic Surge
Wealth

Immunities: (8 points)
Cold
Electricity
Heat
Powers

Powers (62 points)
-Armor +8(1pp; 8pp)
- Weather Control +8(Extras: Air Control, Fatigue, Flight, Fog, Lightning(w/ Area), Snare; Flaw: Obvious(glowing nimbus); Stunts: Hail, Dual Damage(Hail, Lighhtning); 8pp;68pp)

net pp spent: 120

Description: Kelly is a slim athletic girl with gold eyes and short hair of the same golden color. She has a face that people would, and do pay large amounts to emulate, for her its just the gifts of the genetic draw.

Personality: Kelly always was a bit of a snob, but the time spent with Neuro controlling her mind has changed her heavily, she has lost pieces of her memories in addition to the personality changes, she has come out of the prolonged mind control a nicer person who is a bit embarresed about how she acted previously. She is uncomfortable about her status as a celebrity, and acts the polar opposite of the spoiled celeb, but even so, some of Neuro's remaining influence on her mind tells her that she is better then all the base-lines, that she is more evolved. Even more distressing to her is that she finds herself craving things that she knows she never liked, be it foods that she has always dis-liked, wanting to watch and play basketbell, or and this she is most embaressed about, she sometimes finds herself attracted to girls, something the media would have a field day with.

History: Kelly's father, James Mitchel is a tinkerer Elite, who owns the corporation responsible for supplying the Justice Elites hi-tech gear, not to mention a few governments, quite a lucrative proposition, even if his elite/celebrity status didn't make his products houshold names. As such, their family is a rather high profile target, for the media, as well as for those who would wish to slow the development of new weaponry, gadgets, or even affordable luxury appliances for the lower class. Kelly has been a media darling most of her teen-age life. She was always causing some scandal or other seeming to have the same reputation as the pop queen Britneys Spears, a mix of sweet & innocent and naughty school girl., most of which is not actually true. As with any performer a certain amount of tabloid rumor mongering is expected, but with Kelly it grew all out of proportion due to her families prominance, making claims of her being pregnant or addicted to drugs an almost daily head-line.

She knew all sorts of people that wouldn't be quite 'appropriate' for her to know, and thats what led her into trouble. One of her unsavory friends turned out to be an Elite named Neuro, a low level pantheon grunt, with the power to control people's minds. He used his abilities to take control of her mind. He had targeted her at first for her family's money, which she under his influence spent lavishly upon him, eventually he became aware that she too was an elite, and together, under his influence, using Mitchell Foundation technology embarked on a crime spree. In the end the pair was stopped by the Justice Elite. When they were apprehended, and seperated it became apparent by Kelly's confusion that she hadn't been responsible for her actions, and in exchange for keeping her part in the affair secret, Kelly agreed to go to the Mudaba Adin school for Elites. She informed the media that she was in fact an Elite and was going to attend the UN school for Elites. It has only been a few days since her press confrence concerning her elite status and her CD has jumped up the charts 6 places despite her announcement that she will be post-poning her music carrer indefinitely as she attempts to master her powers.

The Prolonged grip on her mind by Neuro had weakened her, leaving her changed. She even exhibited some of his stronger emotions, albeit not as strongly as he had, as well as some of his personality traits. The extent of the damage done to her is uncertain, but she did come out of the experience a nicer, if more Niave person. She still sports the most current Mitchell Foundation equipmment in the form of her uniform, a black body-suit made out of a lightweight yet surprisingly tough material yielding protection better then most tactical combat armor in use by any of the worlds armies. As any good celebrity she naturally has her uniform in all the right colors, one for every-day of the week: Black, Red, Powder Blue, Lavender, Pink, Teal, and Gold.

Attachments

• jennysparks.jpg
    jennysparks.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Tokiwong said:

There may be e have lost two players since the game began... it is up to the players, the chemistry seems good so far, and I am liking the interplay, as the story develops, I know you, Robert Raets, and Shalimar are all interested

sigh, somehow i allways see these things too late.

Tokiwong

First Post
My head hurts, but this is cool, my main thing is that if we do introduce new characters it won't be till issue #6, just after the dance, there will be a time jump, of perhaps a Month or so, with a long post describing events around the world... locally... and to the players... in that time frame I cna intro new characters, what I need from my players is a consensus on what they feel like would make good additions to round out the cast and team so to speak :) so Radiant if you have an idea, now is the time

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Like the character submissions thus far.

FYI, the team has (forgive me if I can't remember everyone's codename or if I forget anyone):
Telekinetic/Telepath (John/Brainwave)
Speedster (Mark)
Martial artist/fighter (Cassie)
Teleporter (James)
Cosmic Power dude (ryan/comet)
Spellcaster (anika)

Master_Pugs

First Post
This may get crazy if too many people post characters... but I've had this idea for a neat guy for about a month now... He's immune to everything and that's his only power... not like the Tick, prolly no Super strength, just a whole bunch of immunities and nothing else. I just think he'd be really fun to play you know? Being impervious would cause so many cool complexes! :)

Agamon

Adventurer
KaintheSeeker said:
Well if Ryan think Cassie knows more than she let's on, maybe it's time to confront her.

After all she's socially the most inept of the group.. I'm willing to bet that she sucks at lying or won't.

(And all she is doing right now is wandering around on the net trying to find something on her own and we know that doesn't work)

Agamon said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hammerhead

"I only have a hunch that Cassandra Prophet is hiding something from me. However, my guess on why exactly she won't tell anyone what happened, with either Yoshi or James, is that it involves her as well as me."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmmm..." is all she says to this.

;)

Unless HH minds, Cassie and Anika haven't really had a chance to talk yet...

Agamon

Adventurer
3 posts in a row, yay me....

I also really like all of the submissions so far. I can't think of anything we're missing, balance-wise, besides a brick, which Paladin was. Unless Tommy's making the team, we could maybe use a genius, super-science type.

Hey, if someone made a Norse god, as a bonus they'd have Anika following them around doing their bidding... :p

Lol, is there a norse god of spiders? ;) Not that my character would want a cult or anything...

I could try to create a super-genius type alt and see what everyone thinks (I made one recently, but that was just a Doc Oc ripoff that I was inspired to do after seeing what he looked like in the Spiderman 2 movie).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads