Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition

renau1g

First Post
Three editions of a game in 8 years?

...and people beat up on WotC for constant edition changes ;)

I do like the concept and it's the best superheros rules I've seen in a d20 (or any) system, but I have suffered under two poor GM's and have had my viewpoint of the game tainted...now if only I could get in one of those awesome** Piratecat games that might help

**see Eridanis post

darjr

I crit!
I wonder how much impact his work on ICONS and experience with FATE will have on the new edition?

I'm thinking if any it bodes well.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
Oh :):):):) no.

Stop changing the rules so many freaking times. Damn. It seems that every other year there has to be a new editions thanks to all the people who have to have their take on what they think the rules should be.

And then of course there'll be all the idiotic edition wars going ad nauseum.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Three editions of a game in 8 years?
Call of Cthulhu has had 12 different editions since '81, including a whopping five in the span of eight years back in the 80's. I'm not too worried about a third edition of MnM. For one thing, there are fewer books to upgrade than with D&D.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, my heart belongs to Paizo, but this is just too tempting to ignore ...

I WANT IT NOW ! Raarararararararaaarrrrrrr !!!

Treebore

First Post
Normally I do not like new editions, but M&M is one of those rules sets where things can definitely be made to work better and easier, so as long as they do that, well, I'll be more than happy to join in on this new edition.

I just hope they also make a good "conversion guide" available, because I certainly don't want the 15 or so books I own to become useless. Then again, if they do the kinds of rules changes I am hoping for, it only will change the core book anyways. So all the write ups and such in all the various books I, and others, own, should still be largely usable as is, much like the change between 1E and 2E.

Scribble

First Post
Games that only use one type of die... eventually end up annoying me. :( I have all those loney polyhedrons looking up at me saying... Whyy... whyyy won't you roll me? Just once... c'mon... The d4 is like, don't you wanna know what it would be like to get a random number say between 1 and 4? Then the d12 is all like, now you know how I feel all the time jerks... and the other ones all start laughing...

This never happens to you?

Remove ads