• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My 13 year old Daughter and her friends are playing D&D in the Kitchen...

Teflon Billy

Explorer
gideonn said:
And. TM, the best thing you are doing is just kinda watching, and sharing with us about it. We can enjoy their youthful exuberance and creativity vicariously. The moment you, or any of us, were to join in, chime in, or try to fit in, their game would become your/our game and their fun would be gone...

Yup.

Plus I wouldn't want to play that game, and I'm reasonably sure they woldn't want to play my Bloody-Minded Political meat grinder campaigns :)

So everyone wins

Eolin

Explorer
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
No, they fired him for being "too truthful in class."

Probably decided to start discussing things the School Board didn't like - possibly involving the heritage of various members of the school board, if my limited experience with school boards is any indication ... ;)

Not quite the school board's heritage, just not pretending that 15 year olds are children.

Or at least, not pretending that when away from school they act like children. I like them talk to me about what was mattered to them -- usually romantic entanglements. I let them know it gets better after high school, that sort of thing.

And for that, I get the boot. And my winning sense of humor.

Ice man

First Post
AIM-54 said:
It depends. As a middle schooler in Saskatoon, we were certainly not encouraged in this endeavor and had at least one teacher that was openly hostile. Didn't really stop us, but it did make it more difficult to play and I ended up not playing again until high school.

Our english teacher encouraged roleplaying. It was a mind expanding exercise was the term. Other people I know from other schools had varying responses though...seemed to depend on the level of religion in the area, 1e had an image problem, and some community elements were aggressively against it without knowing what it was about. Canada in general is pretty laid back about role playing though.

Kathaer

First Post
yes.

Dr Awkward said:
Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly - you run (or are planning to run) RPGs for kids who are hospitalized?

If I've got this right, then we need to talk. Email me at rpgadvocate at gmail, please.

- DocAwk

yes. i'm not a doctor, but my sister works as a kid "educator?" "animator"?... hmm.. languages... and i like d&d.. she founds that when she read stories to that kids.. they ... started to say "And i would have.." " and i would... " .. "I". They went into the story. So i thought... why not?...

at gmail . com? i sent you an e.mail now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads