• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E My All-Rogue Game

Pickles JG

First Post
It was a great game. I think the "all thieves" group is the best single-class group for a game--unless everyone plays clerics of different deities.

Hmmm... that sounds like fun, too.

I have run WFRP with players as wizarda of each of the schools of magic. Could maybe swing it for D&D though I think 5e wizards are a bit more generic.

A bit more game happens, the Halfling is taken to jail to await trial, and the Dwarf just goes on the lamb.

I mutton joke about this typo.

txshusker

First Post
Stop kid-ding around and milking the laughs guys. You've udderly derailed the thread.

I was in an all-rogue campaign, with the premise that the Campaign City had a thief guild, the boss of the guild had an advisory council of expert thieves, the boss vanished, and the PCs were the advisory council, suddenly now in charge of the guild.

We used blank booklets (often printed with blue covers, thus "blue books") for notes passed between players and DM. There were a lot of those notes. My PC had a secret background, using his position in the guild as a spy. Another PC faked his own death, to start a rival guild, successfully. (As a player, I wasn't sure whether the other player's PC was dead or not, but I certainly didn't guess what he was up to.) Lotsa intrigue. Good times.

So was this all during the same session? Or was there outside communication going on while the DM kept track of time? Seems a bit obvious the character was alive if the player with a dead character is passing jr high love notes back and forth with the DM while you were sitting right there. Seems like an intriguing thing if it's also outside communication between sessions.

BigVanVader

First Post
Oh yeah. And I'm badgering the DM because apparently a month or two is happening between our last session and our next one. So in the meantime, I'm trying to start my own exterminator business, and drive my former employers out of business. That'll show them for firing me!

If this works, "Rufurd" is totally gonna start wearing fancy suspenders around town. Being a Half-Orc with 8 Int, that's what he thinks being high class is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads