My latest game is FINALLY out, and I'm so stupidly pleased

Yoh-01

Explorer
For folks who want a comparison.

The 5e PHB and DMG, together, come in at about 4 lbs, 15 ounces.
SotS comes in at about 4 lbs, 10 ounces.
That's also what I liked with 13th Age = everything you need to scratch your fantasy itch in only one book.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Just got my copy in the mail today - of course I've already read it cover to cover in the PDF, but it looks so good in actual print!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I understand the economic reasons for binding it as one tome, but I actually think it makes it harder to use.
That's pretty much all paper quality. It's 120,000 words shorter than TimeWatch (180K vs 300K) but a larger book, because there's an international paper and printing crisis on at the moment, and standard paper stocks just aren't available.

Unlike TimeWatch (which in retrospect should have been one main book and one book of alternate campaign frames), SotS needs to be one book. Especially when looking at the alternative, I'm really happy with the thicker paper stock. Harder to ship, though.

Are there any plans to allow people to buy the PDF without the hardcopy? Living in London, I don't have space for hardcopy RPGs anymore, much as I wish I did, so I buy PDF (and similar) exclusively. It seems like this is currently hardcopy only (with free PDF for buying that), is that right?

Remove ads