D&D 5E My new STR-based Rogue.

Solasta released The Hoodlum in their most recent DLC.

The Hoodlum (Rogue):
When heads need crackin' and people beatin', Hoodlums are those you turn towards. These brutes may not be professional soldiers, but honor don't win you fights - violence does.
  • Mean Mug (Level 3): The Hoodlum gains proficiency in Intimidation, or expertise in Intimidation if they were already proficient.
  • The Right Tools (Level 3): The Hoodlum gains proficiency with martial weapons, medium armors and shields.
  • Heavy Beating (Level 3): The Hoodlum can use Sneak Attack even when using non-finesse melee weapons.
  • Menacing (Level 9): An enemy hit by the Hoodlum's Sneak Attack will have disadvantage on their attack rolls against the Hoodlum until the start of the Hoodlum's next turn.

ECMO3

Hero
So, for Adventurer's League, I've made a new character - a STR-based rogue. Very specifically, he's a variant human Rogue with the grappler feat who moves in for the grapple (to gain advantage on attacks against the grappled creature), then on subsequent turns uses his dagger (finesse weapon) to inflict sneak attack damage on his opponent. It's not super-effective, but it's certainly different and I've been having a lot of fun with it (as have my fellow players, who have affectionately dubbed him "the prison shanker").
I played a Grappler Rogue/Fighter once.

She had tavern brawler feat, unarmed fighting style and a 5 level dip in Rune Knight. She did not have grappler.

She would shove prone, then unarmed strike (with advantage/without sneak attack), then bonus action grapple then action surge, pull out a rapier and start stabbing with advantage. With Rune Knight she could use Giants might and get advantage on the grapple as well as grapple huge creatures like Dragons and Giants. With cunning action on subsequent rounds she could bonus action dash and drag said grappled enemy around the battlefield.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I played a Grappler Rogue/Fighter once.

She had tavern brawler feat, unarmed fighting style and a 5 level dip in Rune Knight. She did not have grappler.

She would shove prone, then unarmed strike (with advantage/without sneak attack), then bonus action grapple then action surge, pull out a rapier and start stabbing with advantage. With Rune Knight she could use Giants might and get advantage on the grapple as well as grapple huge creatures like Dragons and Giants. With cunning action on subsequent rounds she could bonus action dash and drag said grappled enemy around the battlefield.

Ah, I think I need to look into Rune Knight.

Remove ads