My Paladin killed a.. 2nd thread (The Verdict is IN - p4)

Zimri said:
The words of a wise and just person are never truly wasted and are always of import to me Saladin. And you are such a man. All the people that were part of the proceedings and all I have met back here in the gallery are rife with good and noble intentions. It is a good thing that we all weigh things differently if not I fear these lands would be stagnant and corrupt.

You extend to me far more credit than I feel I am worthy of, but I thank you for thy kind words. As always, I strive to be guided by the sure hand of Tyr, for I am nothing more than his humble instrument to be used to rid these tumultuous lands of vile injustice, keen;y tempered by wisdom and honour. Difference is always good, for it will eventually ensure an outcome uniquely appropriate for the issue at hand.

Zimri

First Post
We are all but tools of the multiverse, ensuring that things work out the way they are supposed to. Do not mistake that statement for neutrality howevr. Evil must be fought. If you slay one evil perhaps it stays dead and perhaps it just gets stronger and comes back. If instead you turn it to good not only has evil assuredly lost a soul and grown weaker but good has gained one and is stronger.

That having been said had I been the one to walk in on that horrid act the perpetrators life would have lasted marginally longer as my ability to subdue is greater than that of vindicator. Once the child was saved, however the perpetrator would have been soundly beaten by an unarmed, unarmored (heck naked even) young woman in the middle of the town square. I am no paladin, the rules for my actions are not nearly as strict. He would have known my Lord was Ilmater, and he would know what being broken feels like.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
You know, I count something in excess of two dozen paladins in the same building.

There's gotta be something in the Book of Vile Darkness to cover occasions like this!

-Hyp.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Try as I might, I cannot say, "Max Kaladin, Tormish Paladin" with a straight face. :)

You know, I count something in excess of two dozen paladins in the same building.

There's gotta be something in the Book of Vile Darkness to cover occasions like this!

-Hyp.

I believe there is... let's see... Ah, here it is! New Feat - "Run like Hell," p.49...

Abraxas

Explorer
I believe its covered in the "Knowing When To Run if You're Evil" section. ;)

Drat - Henry beat me by a minute !!

Last edited:

Zimri

First Post
Oh SURE. If I were vile I would be thinking of a way to "de paladinize" or kill the whole lot. Running would not be on my to do list.

Agemegos

Explorer
Zimri said:
It is a good thing that we all weigh things differently if not I fear these lands would be stagnant and corrupt.

I am afraid that we are far from stagnation in County Durham. The Scots have just crossed the border into Cumbria, and I will be obliged to serve with my lord fighting fellow Christians over a futile border dispute. Kyrie eleison!

As for corruption, since I first discovered the ability that I understand to be what you call 'Detect Evil' I have only met one person who was not accompanied by at least a whiff of the stench of sin. Which is a very melancholy realisation.

Sejs

First Post
This has got to be the most entertaining paladin-related thread I've seen. Any chance we could keep you people on retainer for the next paladin debate?
I'd be honored to contribute in this capacity again, should it arise.

Does anyone still linger within these hallowed Halls of Justice?
*looking up from where he had been rummaging through his leather satchel, and hearing Sandelphon's comment, Valentine nods* Mm. I'm still here as well, and at least in part for the same reasons. I'd like to hear from Vindicator if our procedings were of any help to him. That and I've got a bit of a wait ahead of me before my friend comes to pick me up in any event. I figure here's as good a place as any to bide my time, heh.

Agemegos

Explorer
shilsen said:
This has got to be the most entertaining paladin-related thread I've seen. Any chance we could keep you people on retainer for the next paladin debate :)?

I will serve if I am called. But I beg Lord Torm that I might be excused.

Remove ads