• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My warlock wants to stab you in the eye!

AGFlynn

First Post
I've noticed that my lvl 1 'lock tends to get beefed up to brute from striker after a battle with a half dozen enemies due to bonuses from the curse, often doubling his current HP with ease. However, he has little to do with all of those extra temporary hit points. He might be tough, but his ranged at-will attacks are still waaay better than his up-close-and-personal melee attacks.
Has anyone come up with a way to put those temp HP to good use by mixing it up toe-to-toe with bad guys? Or is the boosted 'lock just an insurance policy should the front line go down?
Something nasty that delivers effects that sap the enemy's stats would be nice, but I don't see any options.
Thoughts?

Thasmodious

First Post
Multiclass into fighter or 2 weapon ranger or rogue. Since you don't plan to do this that often, or just towards the end of encounters, take an encounter power swap feat, grab a weapon appropriate power and go to town when the time is right. Take an armor prof. or two to boost your protection.

Kordeth

First Post
AGFlynn said:
I've noticed that my lvl 1 'lock tends to get beefed up to brute from striker after a battle with a half dozen enemies due to bonuses from the curse, often doubling his current HP with ease. However, he has little to do with all of those extra temporary hit points. He might be tough, but his ranged at-will attacks are still waaay better than his up-close-and-personal melee attacks.

Temporary hp do not stack. The best you can do is "refresh" your temp hp pool to be equal to your level when a cursed enemy croaks.

Wormwood

Adventurer
AGFlynn said:
I've noticed that my lvl 1 'lock tends to get beefed up to brute from striker after a battle with a half dozen enemies due to bonuses from the curse, often doubling his current HP with ease.
Half a dozen dead cursed enemies would give him a whopping 6 temporary hit points at level one.

Remember, the temporary hit points go away after a rest.

Wormwood

Adventurer
James McMurray said:
Temporary hit points don't stack. You can't get more than your level from Dark One's Blessing.
Are you sure? PHB 294 says that temporary HPs from different sources don't stack. Am I missing something?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads