D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros Now Has a Description (& Pre-orders) [UPDATED]

You can now pre-order Mythic Odysseys of Theros, which also now has a description on Amazon, a much clearer cover image, and a changed release date to June 2nd. The book cover and title was revealed by Penguin Random House on Friday, but this is a much clearer look at the book.

You can now pre-order Mythic Odysseys of Theros, which also now has a description on Amazon, a much clearer cover image, and a changed release date to June 2nd. The book cover and title was revealed by Penguin Random House on Friday, but this is a much clearer look at the book.

UPDATE -- now showing on WotC's website, along with the alternate cover.

81o3KXR2PtL.jpg

Clash with the gods of Theros in this campaign sourcebook for the world's great roleplaying game.

Play DUNGEONS & DRAGONS in the MAGIC: THE GATHERING world of Theros—a realm shaped by the wrath of gods and the deeds of heroes, where champions vie for immortal favor and a place among legends.
• Rise above the common throng with SUPERNATURAL GIFTS, abilities that give you remarkable powers that set you on the path to legend.
• Explore Theros as a SATYR or LEONIN—mythic cat-like heroes from Magic: The Gathering. Mythic Odysseys of Theros introduces these races to fifth edition D&D for the first time.
• Master new powers with Magic: The Gathering-inspired SUBCLASSES like the Bard’s College of Eloquence and the Paladin’s Oath of Heroism.
• Encounter MYTHIC MONSTERS, creatures whose power and renown are such that their names are truly living myths.
• Wield the weapons of the gods—five signature artifacts used by Theros's deities.
• Created in 1974, D&D transformed gaming culture by blending traditional fantasy with miniatures and wargaming. Fifth edition D&D draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience.

timbolton

Explorer
There have been two major Greek-inspired settings/adventure paths in the last several months (Arkadia came out last summer, and Odyssey of the Dragonlords just released a few weeks ago). Plus, Ken Hite's Hellenistika is expected to go to Kickstarter sometime this spring.

There's also this in development, which was first seen during Free RPG Day 2019 -

Land of Myth RPG 5e

TrickyUK

Explorer
For me, I'm combining Odyssey of The Dragon Lords AND Theros for my Greek 5E.
This is where my head is at also. But may have already begun the campaign before this is released. Do I push the campaign back and wait or do I just go with the player content already available in Dragonlords?

slobster

Hero
Confusion: They reference a Satyr as a cat-like creature.
A Satyr traditionally has goat horns and goat legs. How is this remotely cat-like?
They are talking about satyrs, which do have horns and goat legs, as well as leonin, who are a cat-like race of humanoids. So 2 different races, never worry.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think there's little doubt that MtG Theros and D&D Theros were designed to release at the same time. The question was about whether WotC Theros was happening because of several other companies releasing Greek-themed D&D stuff.

If anything, I would be more suspicious of folks with insider information wanting to get ahead of the game to sell alongside the WotC initiative.

Remove ads

Remove ads