D&D 5E Mythological Figures: Titania

Then I must be thy lady: but I know | When thou hast stolen away from fairy land… | Your buskin'd mistress and your warrior love, | To Theseus must be wedded, and you come | To give their bed joy and prosperity.” The thespians among you likely already know who I’m quoting, but to everyone else take heed for today Mythological Figures considers the Faerie Queen Titania!

Titania DnD 5e banner.jpg

Traditionally the fairy queen is nameless but Shakespeare christened her ‘Titania’, taking the name from Metamorphoses by Ovid (originally the names of the female offspring of Titans). She is a proud and forceful woman that doesn’t take much crap from the Fairy King (Oberon), getting into a quarrel over who should take an ‘Indian changeling boy’.

Design Notes: She’s the Fairy Queen and has a bad Wisdom saving throw so aside from the power scale this was a pretty simple build, using high elf for her race and then the College of Glamor as her bard archetype. The Lucky feat and some killer ability scores round out her fey-ness I think, and though she’s lacking in punch (the most directly damaging thing she can throw around are high spell slot thunderwave castings) with such a high DC and all those charm bells and whistles from her bard college, she ought to make a fun, durable, and enduring villain for most parties. Taking in the numbers, the DMG places her at 13.2 and the Blog of Holding on the higher end at 13.833, so I’m placing her at CR 13.

Titania
Medium humanoid (eladrin elf), bard (fey) 20
Armor Class 18 (mage armor)
Hit Points 130 (20d8+40)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
10 (+0)​
20 (+5)​
14 (+2)​
10 (+0)​
8 (-1)​
20 (+5)​
Saving Throws Dex +11, Cha +11
Skills Arcana +12, Deception +17, History +6, Nature +12, Perception +5, Persuasion +17; three musical instruments +11
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Elvish
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)

Background: Noble - Queen. Due to her position as a ruler, Titania is treated with a measure of respect wherever she goes. She is treated as royalty (or as closely as possible) by most peasants and traders, and as an equal when meeting other authority figures (who make time in their schedule to see her if requested to do so).

Bardic Inspiration 1d12 (5/Short Rest). As a bonus action on her turn, Titania can choose one other creature within 60 feet who can hear her. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d12. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the GM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. When Titania rolls initiative and has no uses of Bardic Inspiration left, she regains one use.
In addition, Titania can use a bonus action to expend one use of Bardic Inspiration, choosing up to 5 ally creatures she can see within 60 feet. These creatures each gain 2d12 temporary hit points and, if they so choose, can use their reaction to move up to their speed without provoking opportunity attacks as long as they move towards Titania by using the safest and shortest route.

Captivate (1/Short Rest). When Titania performs a recital for at least 10 minutes, at the end of the performance she can choose 5 humanoids that are within 60 feet and who observed the entire performance. A targeted creature makes a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw or is charmed by Titania for 1 hour, until taking damage, or until she attacks it or it witnesses her attacking one of its allies. While charmed these targets idolize Titania, hinder her opponents, and speak her praises--they do everything to help her short of engaging in violence unless they were already predisposed to do so. Creatures that successfully save against this feature do not realize that Titania attempted to charm them.

Countercharm. As an action, Titania can start a performance that lasts until the end of her next turn. During that time, Titania and any friendly creatures within 30 feet of her have advantage on saving throws against being frightened or charmed. A creature must be able to hear her to gain this benefit. The performance ends early if she is incapacitated or silenced or if Titania voluntarily ends it (no action required).

Feat: Fortune Points (3/Long Rest). Titania can spend one fortune point to reroll an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, or to force an attacker to reroll an attack made against her.

Fey Ancestry. Titania has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put her to sleep.

Fey Step (1/Short Rest). Titania can use a bonus action to teleport herself or a willing creature she touches up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space she can see.

Jack of All Trades. Titania adds +3 to any ability check she makes that doesn’t already include her proficiency bonus.

Majestic Power (1/Long Rest). Titania can use a bonus action to unleash fey power for 1 minute. For the duration, on each of her turns she can cast command as a bonus action. These castings do not use spell slots. In addition, while this feature is active any creature that is charmed by Titania automatically fails its saving throw against her command spells.

Song of Rest. At the end of a short rest, if Titania or any friendly creatures who can hear her performance regain hit points by spending one or more Hit Dice, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d12 hit points.

Sovereignty (1/Short Rest). Titania can use this feature to cast sanctuary on herself. When a creature fails its saving throw against the spell, for the next minute Titania has advantage on Charisma checks she makes against the creature, and during her next turn it has disadvantage on saving throws against her spells.

Spellcasting. Titania is a 20th-level spellcaster that uses Charisma as her spellcasting ability (spell save DC 19; +11 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following spells prepared from the bard’s spell list:
Cantrips: light, minor illusion, true strike, vicious mockery
1st-level (4 slots): charm person, cure wounds, disguise self, mage armor, sleep, thunderwave
2nd-level (3 slots): invisibility, suggestion
3rd-level (3 slots): major image, sending
4th-level (3 slots): confusion, conjure woodland beings, polymorph
5th-level (3 slots): hold monster, scrying
6th-level (2 slots): conjure fey, irresistible dance, mass suggestion
7th-level (2 slots): forcecage, teleport
8th-level (1 slot): glibness, power word stun
9th-level (1 slot): foresight, true polymorph

ACTIONS
Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d4+5) piercing damage.

Last edited:

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

Aaron L

Hero
Very cool, I like! I would personally have given her higher Intelligence, but I suppose that's just taste.

I'd love to also see Oberon and Puck, to round out the group from Gargoyles... with which those three are forever linked in my mind. Maybe even Macbeth as well! That could be a fun one, and he make for a great plotting antagonist for PCs. I remember an adventure fron an issue of Dungeon that was just a translation of the play into module form.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Very cool, I like! I would personally have given her higher Intelligence, but I suppose that's just taste.

I'd love to also see Oberon and Puck, to round out the group from Gargoyles... with which those three are forever linked in my mind. Maybe even Macbeth as well! That could be a fun one, and he make for a great plotting antagonist for PCs. I remember an adventure fron an issue of Dungeon that was just a translation of the play into module form.
There are two more Shakespearean characters all ready to go—but not Oberon or Puck, at least not yet. I'll make a note to bump them up the queue though :)

Coroc

Hero
I like the spell selection. But you should put more oomph into her stats. She is not just an eladrin but an archfey, isn't she an avatar of spring or summer or so? Her status is of at least lesser goddess, demigod is to weak.

Ulfgeir

Hero
personally I want to see Caliban

My guess is a goblin or a half-orc.

There are a number of interesting characters from the plays of Shakespeare. Hmm, maybe one should do a scenario based upon them meeting. Guess it will be crazy like Rosencreutz & Guildernstern are dead, or the comic Kill Shakespeare.

dave2008

Legend
I like the spell selection. But you should put more oomph into her stats. She is not just an eladrin but an archfey, isn't she an avatar of spring or summer or so? Her status is of at least lesser goddess, demigod is to weak.
This project primarily uses PC stats to make the mythological figures. He has a different series that creates epic "monsters." He pretty much goes RAW PC, you can read about the methodology in the wiki: Mythological Figures

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases