Name that alias (Batman's rogues gallery)

How many of these did you know?

It would be hard to find anyone on the planet who does not know Batman's real identity. Batman's Rogues gallery is equally well known. But just how well do you know these characters? Can you match the actual full name of the character to their alias, without looking it up?

Sidenote: since we're talking comic book characters, of course some of them will have had multiple incarnations over the years. Consider yourself extra correct if you know more than one character that used the same alias.

Primary antagonists:

Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Mr Freeze
Poison Ivy
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two-Face
Scarecrow

Secondary antagonists:

Mad Hatter
Killer Croc
Man-Bat
Clayface
Calendar-Man
The Red Hood
Deathstroke
Clock King

And for bonus points: Polka-Dot Man

Did you know all of them? Then consider yourself the World's Greatest Detective!

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Egghead_from_Batman_66.jpg

No love for Egg Head?

No love for Egg Head?

I know, right! There are so many great villains. It was hard to pick just a few.

I had to make the tough decision to pick villains that people were most likely to know by their real name, either because they are so well known as characters, or because their alias is a clever spin on their real name.

ccs

41st lv DM
Missed these three:
Secondary antagonists:
Killer Croc
Calendar-Man

And for bonus points: Polka-Dot Man

Calendar-Man & Polka-Dot-Man - These have never stuck in my memory. Not when young, & not now.
Of course it doesn't help that over the years I've read maybe 3 issues featuring Calendar & zero with Polka-Dot. It wouldn't surprise me if the were used in some of the modern (90's+) Animated series, but I've only ever seen a few episodes of Brave & Bold.
Croc? I know this one, I really do, I swear.... It's in my head somewhere. But for some reason all I was coming up with was Kurt Connors (The Lizard in Marvel)

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Harley Quinn - used to be Joker's right hand / main squeeze, has now self emancipated. Formerly Harley Quinzel, a psychiatrist. Fell in love with Joker, her patient, and began a life of wacky crime.

Mr Freeze - Doctor Victor something or other, a brilliant scientist whose wife has a rare disease that has kept her cryogenically frozen. Originally stole to support his research.

Poison Ivy - either a botanist gone rogue, aad environmentalist, or a plant elemental, depending on the writer.

The Riddler - Edward Nigma, the greatest Batman Foe ever. Loves riddles. Spent a short time as Batman's detective rival (my favorite version).

The Penguin - a short, squat businessman who loves birds, money... And crime!

Two-Face - once the Gotham DA, half his face was scarred by acid thrown by a mob goon. Now he's got a split personality who loves... crime!

Scarecrow - a masked villain who uses fear to commit... crime!

Mad Hatter - there have been many versions! I'm mostly familiar with the Animated Series version, who I believe was obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and used... computer chips in hats? to commit... crime!

Killer Croc - a circus performer with thick scaly skin who now dedicates himself to a life of... crime!

Man-Bat - I believe this was a scientist who, through some kind of science trickery, became a human-bat hybrid.

Clayface - lots of versions of this guy. Some could just change their face, others could change their whole bodies. Some are basically clay elementals.

Calendar-Man - a criminal obsessed with holidays and important dates on the Gregorian Calendar!

The Red Hood - originally this was the head figure of a gang, though anyone could wear the hood. Before he became an iconic villain, Joker was even hired to play him, though this ironically led Joker to being kicked into a bag of acid by Batman. When former Robin was resurrected due to Infinity Crisis shenanigans (wasn't a Superman punching reality apart?), he became the Red Hood, and is now a kind of antihero.

Deathstroke - the Bad Batman. Due to a childhood loss (weren't his parents killed by cops?), he dedicated himself to a life of crime. Or is that Prometheus?

Clock King - even better than the Riddler, the Clock King is obsessed with clocks... and crime! Tick tock, Batman. The bell tolls for thee!

Polka Dot Man - I believe this was a super thief who had a high tech skintight suit covered with polka dots, each one of which could be thrown out to some dramatic effect.

If I had it my way, I'd chuck all this info from my brain and replace it with, I don't know, how to speak Spanish fluently? But you can't always choose what's taking up brain space. Maybe there is a way I could use this knowledge... Perhaps if I dedicate myself to a life of................................... crime???

Remove ads