• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NaNoWriMo 2005 - Who's in?

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
I am so behind, its not funny anymore. I'm still at 6000. I'm going to upload what I have so far as a sample, and try to keep writing as I can during Nov, but 50K I will surely NOT reach.

king_ghidorah

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
I am so behind, its not funny anymore. I'm still at 6000. I'm going to upload what I have so far as a sample, and try to keep writing as I can during Nov, but 50K I will surely NOT reach.

If it makes you feel better, 6000 is probably more than I wrote all of last November. But I started writing again afterward. 50K isn't really the thing you should get out of NaNoWriMo-- getting back into the habit of writing is.

FraserRonald

Explorer
Not only am I completely unsatisfied with what I've written so far (but I am still writing), I just realized, in chapter 6, that I can trash everything up to there. Completely unnecessary intro chapters, making the heroes inclusion in the story far too complex. Ah well, it added to the word count ;)

Tolen Mar

First Post
I havent had that problem, mine is more that I realise I need to change things to punch them up more and to tie in better with what comes later.

Aikuchi

Transient
Oh wow! Yeah more people from around the world in nano!

I'm,Malaysian and I'm pariticpating in NanoWriMo this year.
I'm also a little behind at about 9800, although thats because I'd had to deal with a death of a family friends recently.

Some of my Nano writing buddies have already finished (altho their story isnt complete - so one of them is targeting at about 80 k maybe).

Tolen Mar said:
Well, I hope to get ahead today, I can actually devote more than an hour to working on it. Maybe if I can, I can go back and try to get caught up on my story hour (of which more is coming, I promise!)

Sargon, while I understand the feeling, you missed the whole point of NaNoWriMo...

The idea is to shut off that internal editor that tells you you write nothing but crap, and solely focus on getting to the end of a story for a change. The goal is 50,000 words, not 50,000 words of Epic Prose.

It's never too late to try again :)

Thanks for the kind words, but basically the plot was going nowhere. The point was to get me writing, which it did, so I'm happy. Besides, I'm typing up my game design right now so I'm still writing. :D

talien

Community Supporter
Booyah! In the home stretch baby!

48,286 words so far. Just a few more to go tomorrow!

King Ghidorah, Yangnome, warm up the beer! I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it!

P.S. Wait, sorry. I like my beer cold.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
Great! Glad to hear there's still a few of us in the hunt for the prize. I'm up to 44,500 and feeling really good about breaking 50k by Monday and adding to that in the last two days.

And I'm appreciating all the more the pro writers who've told me time and again that writing is hard work. There are days where the words just fall out my head and onto the keyboard, flowing like hot butter on a Thansgiving biscuit, but there are those days where I have to beat myself about the shoulders with a scourge* to get even a hundred words onto the page.

*Well, okay, I don't really beat myself with a scourge, but that's sure what it feels like sometimes, yanno?

yangnome

First Post
Talien and Scribe, congrats on your imminent finish, I’m certain neither of you will have any problems making it to the 50k deadline.

Remove ads