• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NaNoWriMo 2005 - Who's in?

Tolen Mar

First Post
Go for it Yangnome!

As of the end of Saturday I was a bit ahead of schedule.
Then I didnt write a thing all day Sunday, dropping back behind schedule.
So today I made up for it and got ahead again.
If I hadnt promised to update my story hour, I'd still be writing about Sam, and his exploits.

[Edit: 12022 words!]

FraserRonald

Explorer
It's Monday night, and I'm dry. I've made it to 10,653. A little bit behind, but my niece lost her dog on the weekend so I was busy searching forests and delivering fliers. No word yet. A lost weekend and I'd feel better about it if we had actually found Libby.

Ah well, onward!

MarauderX

Explorer
Dang, I knew I should have written an extra couple thousand words over the weekend instead of painting the basement. At ~8600 and slowly climbing. I might have to try the yang approach of a blitzkreig on my keyboard. It didn't work out well for story direction last year, but I think I have the framework in place this year. Ok, enough typing to yins guys... Go go go!!!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm in too. User name iamBLUEhearmeroar. 10381 or therabouts on the night of Day 7, so I'm about 2K short of where I need to be, but I've got some major plot elements that'll be coming out in about five pages.

Hey, these are words I could be typing in my WriMo! See ya!

Cheers,
Blue

yangnome

First Post
11/7: 3770. Total 38844.

Another light day. I seem to alternate between the two. Today's writing was the last happy point in my protagonist's life--probably the highest point for her as well. I have a little bit left of that, maybe a chapter or two, then it is all downhill.

I figured I would have been past this point by 20-25k, but still have some exposition to get through before i get to the main focus of the story. I don't know if the end point is further away than I figure or if the next part will be shorter than I expect. Either way, I look forward to what lies ahead. I'm sure some of what I have written will need to be cut, but so fa everything seems to be solid stuff. Now for the meat of the story and the reason I am writing it.

yangnome

First Post
Passed 50k during the night. I still have a long way to go though. I orignially planned for 85k, but the pivotal point I wrote around 50k last night was something I expected to have happen around 20-25k.

king_ghidorah

First Post
yangnome said:
Passed 50k during the night. I still have a long way to go though. I orignially planned for 85k, but the pivotal point I wrote around 50k last night was something I expected to have happen around 20-25k.

I feel like I should be jealous, but I'm not. Congratulations!

Me, I'm just feeling peachy about the fact that I should pass the halfway point today.

FickleGM

Explorer
Dr. Awkward said:
Aww man. If only I had known about this in October... Well, I can start putting together some notes and outlines for next year...

I found out on November 1st, but decided to give it a go. For the record, in my case "a go" means less than 2,000 words by November 10th, but at least it got me started.

I doubt that I will succeed at reaching 50,000 words, but if I succeed at continuing and eventually finishing this novel then this challenge will have served its purpose.

Remove ads