National Treasure 2

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I liked the first one, and this one was pretty darn good. In fact, with all the underground explorations, traps, levers, Spot Hidden and Disable Device and narrow escapes.. best D&D movie I've seen any time recently.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Olgar Shiverstone said:
...lots of D&Dish puzzles traps...

The thought occurred to me
while they were on the tetter-totter
that would make a good DnD motivation poster, where the caption reads "DnD Should Be Like This" or something to that effect.

kingpaul

First Post
I saw it last night with some friends. I thougth it was as well done as the first. I enjoyed the history that was given in the movie, and humor just had me laughing.

I would definitely recommend this movie.

apoptosis

First Post
I liked the first one and thought this one was atrocious, worst movie i have seen in a while (and i watch and enjoy some pretty bad movies).

Through most of the movie my one feeling was somewhere between annoyance of the characters and complete apathy about why anything was happening.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I thought this was ok at best and that the first one was way better. My main gripe plot wise was the ending...
I mean why make it an OLMEC city when the Olmecs civilization never influenced any cultures north of central Mexico? Making it Anasazi would made more sense even though their civilization were still about 500 - 1000 miles south of that region

I liked it alright but not nearly as much as the first one. The villain in this movie is not nearly as engaging as the one in the first-he's supposed to be very capable and intelligent but while the first movie was racing with the villain (with the bad guy just barely behind them) this one basically sat back the whole time until the very end. Also, Abigail's initial characterization seemed silly, only to add some drama-was there any actual reason for that dinner date earlier on?

The parents were cute, several uses of modern technology were neat (the cellphone cameras) and Riley's humor and being an awesome friend carried the movie for me.

I saw it on Christmas Day :) I agree that it was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, but I thought the first one was better also..

..so, what do you suppose the whole deal with 'page 47' was? I'm guessing the set up for National Treasure 3....

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I thought it was a decent flick. Not as good as the first one, but pretty decent.

The plot's kind of thin, but the execution is pretty good, and the actors really do make the movie. I'm a bit curious how
Queen Victoria expected the Confederates to be able to retrieve the Cibola treasure*, which was in South Dakota, which, at the time, was definite Indian Country**, and an expedition would be noticed, and likely intercepted
, but then again, it's a nice excuse for a globetrotting race and some fun trapspringing.

My friend asked afterwards "So, how'd the Olmecs get up there, anyway? And get past the Cahokians?"

I'm guessing that it was intended as a sort of "The South Shall Rise Again!" policy, though by the time that information was available the Confederacy was pretty much dead in the water. Certainly, the British government wasn't going to intervene after the Emancipation Proclamation, but knowledge of a Lost Olmec City of Gold (tm) that the Queen had and could pass along as a personal thing would make sense.

Brad

Remove ads