NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Lola

First Post
Rel said:

Is there something you need to tell us about your ability to parallel park, Lola? ;)

Just that they don't teach it in driver's ed anymore, so I've never even tried to parallel park on a street. I have a feeling that it could come to a bad end if I did... :D

Ok, for those who are signed up for my FR Game, I need to know whether you guys want to make up your own characters or not.

Right now I have:
2 For making up their own and
3 who haven't cast their votes.

Because it is FR and there are some hyper-broken source books out there, I'll need to at least glance at characters before the game. Cast your vote soon! NB, I probably won't really disallow the more powerful stuff, since the whole point of the gameday is to have fun, but I'll need to scale encounters accordingly to keep things challenging.

Matt

Lola

First Post
Matt, make a character for me, please. Preferably a rogue, and not an elf, if that works for you. I'll take whatever works for the game, though. Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Jon Potter

First Post
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Ok, for those who are signed up for my FR Game, I need to know whether you guys want to make up your own characters or not.

As I said before, I can go with the flow. If you'd rather pre-generate that's just fine with me. Frankly, I'm just happy to have the chance to play.

Because it is FR and there are some hyper-broken source books out there, I'll need to at least glance at characters before the game.

That's another reason, potentially, to go with pre-gen: what sources are legitimate to draw from? Just the FR books? Just the Core books? Dragon? Any d20 publisher? As you said, there's little shortage of broken (or at least bent) rules out there. It could get tough to manage with everyone just making their characters without some clear guidelines.

Unless you don't mind me bringing my Celestial Half-Dragon Titan Archmage? :D

Jon Potter said:
Unless you don't mind me bringing my Celestial Half-Dragon Titan Archmage? :D [/B]

If you can stuff him into a fifth level character :D. For those who wanted pre-gen characters, you wish is granted. I'll try to make the characters fun, with a good FR theme, but easy to pick up and play. Your characters will be waiting for you on play day (barbarian aversion duly noted, btw).

For those who wanted to make your own characters, that's great too. I'll send everyone else character creation info shortly via e-mail, so watch your ENWorld registered e-mail account.

Matt

jlhorner1974

First Post
Thanks, NCSUCodeMonkey.. Barbarians are just not my style. I can work with anything else.

I like to roleplay my characters, and I just can't get into a barbarian, for some reason.

Last edited:

Corlon

First Post
NCSUCodeMonkey, I'd like to make my own character, but (it's probably in here somewhere) what level are our characters, are we restricted to certain classes, and which books can we use (besides FRCS, PHB, and DMG)?

EDIT:...and then I look two posts up and find the answer to all of my questions, or at least the information for when I will recieve the answers.

Last edited:

Jon Potter

First Post
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
For those who wanted to make your own characters, that's great too. I'll send everyone else character creation info shortly via e-mail, so watch your ENWorld registered e-mail account.

Matt

Don't know if you got around to sending this out and skipped me because I was waffling about pre-gen and self-gen characters or whether you just haven't sent the info out yet. In either case, I'd like to be included in this mailing so that I can at least look at your guidelines before I give up my freedom of choice. :)

My two e-mail addies are:

jpotterATnewsobserver.com*

and

jonandonnaATworldnet.att.net*

I look forward to hearing from you.

*Please forgive my crude anti-spam countermeasures with the whole "AT vs. @" thing.

Lola

First Post
Now for the really important stuff...

Will there be bagels? And coffee? I may not have the strength to lift the dice that early in the morning if I don't get cream cheese with a bagel under it.... :D I may even be pursuaded to help reimburse the bringer of breakfast...

Remove ads