NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Lola said:
Now for the really important stuff...

Will there be bagels? And coffee? I may not have the strength to lift the dice that early in the morning if I don't get cream cheese with a bagel under it.... :D I may even be pursuaded to help reimburse the bringer of breakfast...

We can firm up our plans regarding this as Game Day draws nigh, but as of now, nobody is scheduled to bring snacks. Last time, Rich was kind enough to do so (he also felt guilty because he showed up late) but he won't be coming this time around (that damn Warhammer Tourney in Charlotte is siphoning off some of our players, not to mention our bagel supply).

We'll work something out when he have a final head count in the last week before Game Day.

Jon Potter

First Post
Lola said:
Now for the really important stuff...

Will there be bagels? And coffee?

There are several eateries on Hillsborough Street including a Bruegger's. Provided you don't like your bagels toasted, that might be just the thing!

Solenopsis

First Post
Noting the current dearth of player slots available I thought I would proffer myself as a GM for the big day. I?ve whipped together a fun little scenario (Quasqueton and NCSU Code Monkey may recognize certain elements) that can accommodate 6 players. The characters will be pre-generated but their stereotypical nature should make for easy and fun playing. I?ll stick to DnD 3e rules so that everyone, including me, will be ready to play.

"Down and Dirty on the Farm"

Sally Mae ? Druid Lv. 5 (character currently kept in reserve so not an empty slot)
Cousin Bobby ? Ranger Level 5
Aunt Betty ? Sorceress Lv. 5
Sheriff Jed ? Paladin Lv. 5
Deputy John ? Fighter Lv. 5
Father McCallister ? Cleric Lv. 5

There?s bad times and ill omens over ta the McEwen Farm, leastways accordin? to Sally Mae McEwen. She ?spects that there?s some evil spirits at work. ?Bout 8 days past, on the anniversary of her Grandma?s demise, bless her soul, odd things began to happen about the house. At first just strange noises and things gone a missin?. Then the well water started tastin? mighty foul, like somethin? done died in it. Their livestock then begun to drop like flies fer no good cause. Father McCallister went to pay a visit this past thursday, mostly just to have taste of Maw McEwen well-known pie, but didn?t get much further than the front gate afore he turned heel and made back towards the church real fast, like ta being chased by a pack o? wolves. He spent all yesterday at the bottle trying to forget the creepy feelin?. Just last night, Sally Mae returned from visiting with her beau (and second cousin once removed), Bobby Joe Gritchard from up on Mill Pond Road, and found the house dark and still and couldn?t find her maw or paw nowheres. That?s when the giant carrots come after her. Great big things with glowin? eyes, fiery tops and bad breath ta boot. Good thing them veggies was slow, cause Sally Mae was able to collect her animal friends and skidaddle off the farm aforin? they did something nasty to her. She?s a brave girl to, and she?s going back in today with a little bit of help from you folk. It?s time to teach them evil spirits a thing or two about the benefits of clean country livin?.

Jeph

Explorer
My obfuscation in the ether is hereby officially rescinded!

Right, a few things:

BRIKWARS: Noticed I'm no where near as familiar with the 2001 rules as I thought I was, so everything will no officially use the 2000 rules set. You'll find that model statting is much quicker with it. Rel, I haven't heard anything from your friend, and Corlon, it'll use legoes. We won't be using the SP supplement though--god that was annoying. ;) Once again, I can provide small vehicle-only units (red or blue), but they wouldn't have any figs to go with them.

HENRY: Mutants and Masterminds? Hell yeah! I've never playe4d a supers game before, but I think I'd like it. You don't mind explainin' the rules a bit? Lesseeee...would an alien that comes from the center of the sun and rides a giant golden eagle fit?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I appreciate you offering to run a game, Solenopsis. There's one more piece of info that I need if you don't mind and that is when you want to run it.

Right now, I don't have anybody signed up for my afternoon Orcz game so if you run it then, I may cancel my game and play in yours (in which case I think I'd like to run Sheriff Jed). If you want to run it in the morning and are planning to come for the whole day, feel free to be the first to grab a slot in my game.

Let me know what you want to do as soon as you can.

Solenopsis

First Post
I would like to run in the morning and play Gouge in your game that afternoon. I'm assuming with additional player slots open more people will want to attend. This would also accomodate walk-ins.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Solenopsis said:
I would like to run in the morning and play Gouge in your game that afternoon. I'm assuming with additional player slots open more people will want to attend. This would also accomodate walk-ins.

Great! I'll go and add it now.

Remove ads