NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jon Potter said:
Rel- Is this strictly an EN-World thing, or have you considered posting a flier (or some such) in some of the local game stores? I noticed several similar items on the counter at Hobby Masters on Creedmoor today and the thought popped into my head.

I'm sure you'd get more players. But with the games as full as they are already that may not be a great thing! And there's no telling who'll show up.

Anyway, it's a random thought that I wanted to mention. Take it for what it is.

Jon, what we decided when planning the last ENWorld NC Game Day was that if we posted too many fliers that it would quickly become something other than an "ENWorld" game day. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing but it wasn't really our goal.

Instead, I'd prefer if the various folks signed up to attend would prod those in their regular game groups or people they meet at the hobby shop to attend. At least that way they have some direct affiliation with an ENWorld member (even if only briefly).

So call up your non-ENWorld gaming pals and point them at this thread. If they aren't computer savy or don't want to register at ENWorld, no problem. Just forward their desires for games to the thread and I'll sign them up.

Three weeks to go and I'm getting excited!

Well I haven't gotten the chance to check-in for quite some time, but I'm glad to see everything going so smoothly. Thanks to several gentle nudges :) I put aside my research for a bit to type up character creation rules for "Against All Ooze." Everyone who requested them should have them now. Please let me know if there are any difficulties.

Matt

Jeph

Explorer
Woohoo! Just got back from a week in Belgium and Germany. I must say, Antwerp is more cozy than Brusseles, but Brusseles has better seafood. :D Practicing my german outside of the school year was definitely a plus, too, but a 7 1/2 hour plane trip home, and missing my connection flight...blech. Finding 15 d6 marked in Chinese at my doorstep when I got home was most definitely a plus, though. :)

Ah, good to be back... And I finally get to check in on all the thread acticity again. ;) Looks like things go well! Henry, I compose an email even as we speak...type...I type...yeah.

Lesseeeee, where was I?
Ah yes.
-- Jeff ;)

Lola

First Post
Thanks Jon! And don't worry, "Copacabana" is the only Manilow song I can stomach. I'm planning to get onto campus at about 8, park on Morrill and walk over to Brugger's, arriving at 8:10ish. That work for you?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I don't know why I didn't think about it, but I went ahead and added Templetroll to the Mutants and Masterminds line-up.

Everything goes well - I playtested the game with my group last weekend, and they enjoyed it so much they wanted to continue the game this week! :) Hopefully it will go over as well at Gameday (once I shave about an hour off of it).

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry said:
Everything goes well - I playtested the game with my group last weekend, and they enjoyed it so much they wanted to continue the game this week! :) Hopefully it will go over as well at Gameday (once I shave about an hour off of it).

See folks, this is the kind of Quality Assurance that you can look forward to at NC Game Days. Our staff of expert GM's make sure to fully test the adventures that will be run there to insure that you will have a good time.

I myself have run my Orcz game already to make sure it goes smoothly. The game devolved into a massive slugfest where the party was hopelessly outnumbered and suffered a Total Party Kill*. So, like Henry, I'd say mine's just about perfect.

I can't wait to inflict it on, er...I mean run it for, the folks at Game Day!

*Actually, it was a close thing, but nobody died. I guess it still does need some tweaking.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I was going to bump it if you hadn't, NCSUCM. Actually, I was going to lob an idea out there and see if anybody was interested.

Would anybody feel like getting together for a bit the night before Game Day and just having a couple beers (or other refreshing beverage of your choice) and hanging out? I've got no particular place or time in mind as of yet, but if folks were interested, I'm sure we could find someplace relatively convenient to most of us.

It would give us a chance to work out any last minute details before Game Day and just hang out and chat. Having read many of the recent GenCon threads, that seems to have been almost as enjoyable an aspect of the gathering as the games.

If folks are not interested or can't swing the extra evening, in light of the fact that most of us are devoting all day Saturday to the event, no problem. Just thought I'd ask.

Remove ads