NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Lola

First Post
For other options, there's a Cinelli's Pizza in Cary and one in Raleigh. Supposedly, they do groups pretty well. I checked out the menu, and it seems like a pretty good selection for a "pizza place". They also have beer and wine. Kind of like Olive Garden. Any other ideas? Oh, and if you don't care where but might show up, a headcount would probably be helpful.

This is getting more and more food-oriented... must be my magic gastronomic influence! :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
Lola said:
For other options, there's a Cinelli's Pizza in Cary

[yoda voice]Hmmm... interesting, this Cinelli's Pizza is![/yoda voice]

I invited several of my game group along, but no luck. Leave the state?!?! Are you daft!?!?! :D

(Actually, one of them traveled with me to Gencon, so I don't blame him for not wanting to pack again or have an early road trip, even if only for a couple of days...)

Lola

First Post
Lilly's is good... but only if I can get a ride out there. I stay far, far away from five points, especially with all the construction between my house and there.

Jon Potter

First Post
I would argue that Lilly's is a less-than optimal choice given the seating situation. They have limited outdoor seating and I've never been there when that it was crowded. Sitting inside is an option, but last time I was there it was really loud indside. Granted, I haven't been there in a while, but that's not very conducive to chatting, IMO.

Plus I think their pizza's a little too soggy 9 times out of 10.

Anyway, I've never been to or even heard of Cinelli's Pizza prior to Lola's mention of it, so I can't voice an informed opnion about that place.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Never been to Cinelli's but it looks like a good location from the picture on the website. My boss just said that he's heard from a reliable source (i.e. a "fat man") that the food is great.

With due respect to Jeph, I'd rather stay away from Five Points. I can never find a place to park there.

Edit: Just found out that one of the guys from my game group is going to be able to make the afternoon slot so I added him to my Orcz Reducz game as Thag.

Last edited:

Lola

First Post
Cinelli's in Cary is one of the "best picks" for pizza and Italian places at citysearch.com (the user reviews were gushingly good for the most part) and got 3 stars at triangle.com. Is it to be assumed that we're considering the Cary location? There is another one in Raleigh. Obviously, I'm pimping this place, but I've never had a bad time with a group of people in an Italian resturant.

Hey Against All Ooze players, I need minis! I own exactly eight un-painted minis, which will work fine for the game, but if any of you have tackleboxes full of exciting and painted minis, then that would be preferable. Just ask my players, I think they get tired of every evil boss being the beholder fig :D

Matt

Rel

Liquid Awesome
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Hey Against All Ooze players, I need minis! I own exactly eight un-painted minis, which will work fine for the game, but if any of you have tackleboxes full of exciting and painted minis, then that would be preferable. Just ask my players, I think they get tired of every evil boss being the beholder fig :D

Matt

I don't exactly have the world's largest mini collection, Matt. But if you can give me some idea as to what you're looking for, I might be able to come up with a few that were appropriate. Of course I don't have many that are "oozelike" but Play-Doh is cheap.

Everybody knows that it just isn't a NC Game Day until the Play-Doh comes out. ;)

Oh, and I know for a fact that Lola's got minis for her character alread. I seent em' with my own eyes.

Remove ads