NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Lola

First Post
Originally posted by Rel
Well, Henry, I don't know about "genius" since I had a hard time getting everyone to eat the pies. I'd like to think it was because folks had filled up on bagels and lunch. But maybe they figured that anybody who would put headless orc-zombies and disembodied giant orc heads with feet in their adventures, wasn't above giving the players a poisoned pie as the grand finale.

If it makes you feel better, I had the feeling that that pie had been hanging around in a grocery store for a while (as you probably wouldn't have pies sitting around in your house) and that the first ingredient might just be a preservative. Of course, I ate Fruit Loops for lunch, so that's an extremely lame excuse. Ummmm.... I was saving room for dinner?

Originally posted by Clueless
*grins* Want me to see if I can find any weasel-ass coffee for next time?

You were going to harvest it yourself, right? I mean, all you need is a friend with ferrets....

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Lola said:
If it makes you feel better, I had the feeling that that pie had been hanging around in a grocery store for a while (as you probably wouldn't have pies sitting around in your house) and that the first ingredient might just be a preservative. Of course, I ate Fruit Loops for lunch, so that's an extremely lame excuse. Ummmm.... I was saving room for dinner?

I was relying too much on that age-old gamer stereotype of the guy who will eat pizza that's been lying on the kitchen counter all weekend. I've got to remember that ENWorld is the home of a more cultured kind of individual who prefers a touch of goose-liver pate on an organically grown wheat cracker.

And a Slim-Jim. :D

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Rel said:
So when the dust settled on the final battle of the adventure and they discovered the BBEG's treasure chest, inside was a pie. At that point, I fetched a pie out of the picnic basket I'd brought and placed it on the gaming table to be enjoyed by the group as a reward for an adventure well played.

:eek: You brought PIE?! Dammit, I KNEW I should've made it down for this game day!

Seriously, it sounds like y'all had a blast, and I hope to be in attendance at NC Game Day III.

Daniel

Henry

Autoexreginated
Pielorinho said:
Seriously, it sounds like y'all had a blast, and I hope to be in attendance at NC Game Day III.

A-ha! Our plan to entice other gamers with baked goods is working! :) We'd love to see you! C'mon down!

(Or Up, in my case.)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry said:
A-ha! Our plan to entice other gamers with baked goods is working! :) We'd love to see you! C'mon down!

(I knew it would work on him, Henry. The man has "pie" in his name after all.)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Actually, I spent Sunday with my wife up at Graveyard Fields picking wild blueberries; we got 12 cups, enough for me to make two pies. This is gonna be one pie-tastic weekend!

Daniel

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases