NC Game Day XI: September 23! (Player Registration Now Open)


log in or register to remove this ad

Riggs

First Post
Henry said:
Can't wait to see everyone Friday/Saturday!

Yay character bios! My favorite is hidden here Mauler in case dibs and the like are not ok. I never know when that is the way or not, so there you go.

Did you mean this Fri/Sat?
 

Henry

Autoexreginated
No, next Friday/Sat. This weekend I'm taking the wife out for her birthday because she agreed to let me off the hook for taking her out for her birthday next weekend, instead. :D (She's on the 20th, so we split the difference.)
 


Jon Potter

First Post
Riggs said:
My favorite is hidden here Mauler in case dibs and the like are not ok. I never know when that is the way or not, so there you go.

I'll spoiler my own choice for the same reason Riggs has mentioned above

Flynn Davis
 
Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
No worries, guys. I plan to post 'em all for all to see, and in the worst case, if two people prefer the same PC, we can work it out at the table or the particularly obstinate among us can roll off for it. :lol:
 

Riggs

First Post
that's cool.


Take your Intervals, my friends....there you will find peace.....and you will not care that you are playing the cross-dressing janitor obsessed with attaining painful wounds....
 

Dolom

First Post
Question to the Game Day poobahs,

What are the rules on pick-up games? Say I roll in around 10am and want to run something to kill some time for a couple of hours with some friends and anyone else looking to play. Is it all right to do so, or should I go ahead and submit a last minute registration?

Inquiring minds want to know...
 

Mark Causey

First Post
Dolom said:
Question to the Game Day poobahs,

What are the rules on pick-up games? Say I roll in around 10am and want to run something to kill some time for a couple of hours with some friends and anyone else looking to play. Is it all right to do so, or should I go ahead and submit a last minute registration?

Inquiring minds want to know...

So far as I know, not only is it cool, it's what I'm doing for the entire morning session. I will be running games on demand with whomever shows up.

Also, I"m not a poobah. I'm sure someone more official than I can be contacted.
 

Pepster

First Post
Will also bring some stuff

I'll bring my D&D Player's Handbook 3.5 and my WFRP2 book for the afternoon game.

I've got Savage Worlds with all the trappings if anyone wants to see what SW is all about.

I like the Dungeon Crawl Classics. I have my own conversion of DCC #1 to Savage Worlds that I've run for a few family members and they seem to enjoy it.

Pepster
 

Pepster said:
I like the Dungeon Crawl Classics. I have my own conversion of DCC #1 to Savage Worlds that I've run for a few family members and they seem to enjoy it.

I'd like to take a look at your conversion. Any chance you could either bring a copy to the gameday, or you could email it to me?
 

Pepster

First Post
DCC #1 conversion

Hi CL, it's basically just the module with the monsters statted (sp?) on index cards. The "named" monsters were statted as Wild Cards. Since the characters didn't find any of the magic items on the first level, I haven't had to address that. The players are new to role-playing, so they don't catch my many mistakes.... :heh:
 

Pepster said:
Hi CL, it's basically just the module with the monsters statted (sp?) on index cards. The "named" monsters were statted as Wild Cards. Since the characters didn't find any of the magic items on the first level, I haven't had to address that. The players are new to role-playing, so they don't catch my many mistakes.... :heh:

Ah, I see. No worries.
 

Pepster

First Post
I can still bring the SW kit if you think there may be enough interest to play. I've got the "official" bennies and action deck, plus minis and battlemat.
 

Pepster

First Post
Parking at NCSU

Not to threadjack, but it appears the way to go for Saturday is to locate an information booth and buy a $2 visitor's permit for the day, then park in the Coliseum parking deck. Am I on the mark or could someone recommend something better?

Thanks!
 


Rel

Liquid Awesome
Dolom said:
Question to the Game Day poobahs,

What are the rules on pick-up games? Say I roll in around 10am and want to run something to kill some time for a couple of hours with some friends and anyone else looking to play. Is it all right to do so, or should I go ahead and submit a last minute registration?

Inquiring minds want to know...

This is absolutely welcome with one caveat: I can't guarantee you a table unless you register the game. Historically speaking there have always been plenty of extra tables so you shouldn't have a problem regardless.
 

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Pepster said:
Not to threadjack, but it appears the way to go for Saturday is to locate an information booth and buy a $2 visitor's permit for the day, then park in the Coliseum parking deck. Am I on the mark or could someone recommend something better?

Thanks!

If you are coming for the morning session then you shouldn't have any problems parking in one of the lots directly in front of the student center. I've heard that it gets a little more crowded towards midday but I'll bet you still would have no problems finding a space.
 

Pepster

First Post
Rel said:
If you are coming for the morning session then you shouldn't have any problems parking in one of the lots directly in front of the student center. I've heard that it gets a little more crowded towards midday but I'll bet you still would have no problems finding a space.

I'm coming for the full Game Day experience! I have reservations at my favorite hotel chain for two nights. :D
 

Dolom

First Post
Rel said:
This is absolutely welcome with one caveat: I can't guarantee you a table unless you register the game. Historically speaking there have always been plenty of extra tables so you shouldn't have a problem regardless.

Awesome. I thought I remembered several free tables at the last Game Day, but I wanted to make sure it was cool for pick-ups.

Thanks!
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top