NC Game Day XI: September 23! (Player Registration Now Open)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Greetings friends! It's time for the next NC Game Day! Didn't get enough awesome games and good times with ENWorlders at GenCon? Come join us. Didn't get to GenCon at all this year? Don't worry, we'll make you green with envy as we recount our harrowing adventures there!

As we've done with the last several events, all registration will take place at the Official NC Game Day Website.

To schedule a game, the following must happen in order:

1) You must register on this site, and request to be a GM. If you were a GM on a previous Game Day, you should still be a GM on future Game Days, so go to step 3.

2) An admin (Rel or Morgenes) approves you as a GM.

3) You submit your event (My Events -> Submit), filling out the required fields and submitting it.

4) An admin reviews and accepts the event, and assigns it to a table.

Important: Right now we are only taking submissions for GM's to run games. If you're going to run a game send it in as soon as possible. Players can take a couple weeks to look over their options. At 5PM on Friday September 1st we will open up registration for players to sign up for these games. We will continue to take submissions for games after this but there is a good chance that folks will already have signed up for stuff so the sooner you get it in, the better your chances of having players.

Also sorted out the "Game Type" after the last Game Day. If you want folks to be able to sign up for your game in advance, use Open Game

There are two main slots for role-playing games this game day. Either morning or afternoon. Morning runs from 9-2pm. There will be an hour lunch break till 3pm, then the afternoon session runs from 3pm - 8pm.

So when you submit your event, choose a start time of either 9am or 3pm, depending on what slot you want to run in.

The additional notes field is so you can tell the administrators about any special needs you might have, like a certain size or shape of table, or power needs.

If you have previously registered at the NC Game Day site then you don't have to do that part. If you've previously run a game at NC Game Day then you don't need to register as a GM. All you have to do at that point is submit your game and have it approved and slotted.

This is also the thread to talk about stuff like where we want to eat on Friday before the Game Day. We've got a lot of people coming in from out of town this time so I'm excited about attendence this time around. If there are any other questions, I'm happy to answer them as usual.

Last edited:

Belen

Adventurer
Well, I was thinking about running my Mobile Suit Gundam game, although I am not sure if that will happen at this point. I have my annual meeting the weekend before this gameday, which means that I may be Zombie-like.

Alenda has mentioned that she is thinking about putting an Order of the Stick game together.

As for Friday night get together, I am not sure what we should do. Alenda tracked down a private room at the Ragazzi's in Cary, so that could be a possibility.

Finally, do we have dates for January and April? This way I can get them up on the yagoo site. I am fairly certain that we settled on January 20th at All Fun and Games for the January gameday.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'll definately be running my Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Pirates of the Caribbean game. Details to be announced.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
BelenUmeria said:
As for Friday night get together, I am not sure what we should do. Alenda tracked down a private room at the Ragazzi's in Cary, so that could be a possibility.

That could work. I'll get with her on the details.

Finally, do we have dates for January and April? This way I can get them up on the yagoo site. I am fairly certain that we settled on January 20th at All Fun and Games for the January gameday.

We do have these dates but they're not at my fingertips. I'll post them when I get the chance. I'm fairly certain you're correct about January.

Alenda

First Post
I was planning on taking this Gameday easy, but great ideas have been percolating in the Alenda noggin, so I will be running something after all and take January's Game Day off.

I will be running an "Order of the Stick" D&D game in which players get the opportunity to portray their favorite OoTS characters using Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 rules. The game should be lotsa laughs and while it will be sprinkled with OoTs in-jokes, it won't be confusing to those who have never read the comic.

As with all my games, it will be light-hearted with a focus on humor. Also, it will almost certainly include non-conventional miniatures since that's become a "theme" with me.

Finally, Rel, is it at all possible that I can get into your Pirates game?

Pretty please? *uses puppy dog eyes*

Lola

First Post
Alenda said:
I was planning on taking this Gameday easy, but great ideas have been percolating in the Alenda noggin, so I will be running something after all and take January's Game Day off.

HA! I'll believe that when I see it. :p

If you're using the OotS characters, DIBS ON ELAN!

I also want to snag a seat in the Pirates game, if at all possible.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases