NC Game Day XII: January 20th - BE THERE!

Is April going to be a two-day?

I really wanted to come down for this last one, but it was just too close to Christmas (I went a little overboard this year). Two days would be much better in the gaming/$ ratio.

Nareau

Explorer
I also had lots of fun! I had sorta wanted to run a SpyCraft game of my own, but it seemed like we ended up with more games than players. I'm glad I got to play all day, as both games were awesome.

I'm looking forward to April. From what I hear, it will indeed be a 2-day event. Maybe this go-round I'll run something...

Nareau

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Is April going to be a two-day?

I really wanted to come down for this last one, but it was just too close to Christmas (I went a little overboard this year). Two days would be much better in the gaming/$ ratio.

Yep. Saturday and Sunday. Saturday will have the traditional two 5-hour game slots ending at 8:00 PM. Sunday the slots are 4 hours each and we wrap at 6:00 PM. And we'll do the Friday Night Partay and Saturday Night Dinner as usual too.

Toras

First Post
I enjoyed gameday muchly. Both with Aggro the Axe in Henry's game and the halfling spy in Rel's. Ah, the sling that could.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Piratecat said:
You have a funny definition of optional, mister. How often do EN World mods have the opportunity to cuddle? :D

Ain't no way in God's Green....

...ah, what the hell, it's P-kitty.

Henry

Autoexreginated
And a good time was had by all...

...except for Belen and CL. I missed you guys; I hope you're feeling better!

The Frost Giant Jarl turned out to be a good session; we had fun with it, but participants only versed in 1E and 2E definitely felt the "age" on the system; if anything, it hopefully gave everyone an appreciation of 3E as well as 1E.

For the sake of time I cut out about half of the module proper, and made the route to the Jarl a lot more direct than the original module; I think I timed it almost dead-on, because we only ran about five to ten minutes over the slot time in the final battle against the Jarl. They avoided a large gathering of partying giants, found his guards, slew some hill, stone, and ogre mage emissaries (lost Arlanni the thief to a friendly cone of cold and a hill giant club), avoided not one but TWO white dragons, and pacified his two polar bear pets before ambushing the Jarl, his Lady, and his bodyguards, losing Balto the monk in the LAST round of combat just before the last giant fell.

Keryn from CircvsMaximus, playing Arkayn, holds the distinction of not one but TWO incidences of Friendly Fire, something that rarely happens in 3E, but apparently happens a LOT in 1E, with the "state intentions, THEN roll init" system. There were even two character deaths in the session, which is something I almost never see in home games, either. In the end, the henpecked Jarl was found and put out of his misery, and the Frost Giant forces were scattered and disorganized. But what's this? A teleport scroll and a mention of "King Snurre Ironbelly?" The band of Aggro, Arkayn, Arlanni, and the other gallant PCs may have one further epic quest ahead of them in April...

The "Betrayal at House on the Hill" as run by Alenda was a little short on betrayal, but long on character death and almost-TPK's, carrying Belen's legacy forward admirably. the PC Tobias Moon was pretty cool, prompting me to want to run a quarterstaff fighter in the future! With the minor problem of there being a total party-decimation after the first combat, that house was a lot of fun! But in the future, Tobias moon is going to leave the search for traps up to the rogues!

Templetroll and sekeetta, it was great seeing and gaming with you all, and your gaming stories give even Old One's stories a run for the money.

Thanks to everyone there for making it a great time for me.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Henry said:
And a good time was had by all...

...except for Belen and CL. I missed you guys; I hope you're feeling better!

The Frost Giant Jarl turned out to be a good session; we had fun with it, but participants only versed in 1E and 2E definitely felt the "age" on the system; if anything, it hopefully gave everyone an appreciation of 3E as well as 1E.

For the sake of time I cut out about half of the module proper, and made the route to the Jarl a lot more direct than the original module; I think I timed it almost dead-on, because we only ran about five to ten minutes over the slot time in the final battle against the Jarl. They avoided a large gathering of partying giants, found his guards, slew some hill, stone, and ogre mage emissaries (lost Arlanni the thief to a friendly cone of cold and a hill giant club), avoided not one but TWO white dragons, and pacified his two polar bear pets before ambushing the Jarl, his Lady, and his bodyguards, losing Balto the monk in the LAST round of combat just before the last giant fell.

Keryn from CircvsMaximus, playing Arkayn, holds the distinction of not one but TWO incidences of Friendly Fire, something that rarely happens in 3E, but apparently happens a LOT in 1E, with the "state intentions, THEN roll init" system. There were even two character deaths in the session, which is something I almost never see in home games, either. In the end, the henpecked Jarl was found and put out of his misery, and the Frost Giant forces were scattered and disorganized. But what's this? A teleport scroll and a mention of "King Snurre Ironbelly?" The band of Aggro, Arkayn, Arlanni, and the other gallant PCs may have one further epic quest ahead of them in April...

The "Betrayal at House on the Hill" as run by Alenda was a little short on betrayal, but long on character death and almost-TPK's, carrying Belen's legacy forward admirably. the PC Tobias Moon was pretty cool, prompting me to want to run a quarterstaff fighter in the future! With the minor problem of there being a total party-decimation after the first combat, that house was a lot of fun! But in the future, Tobias moon is going to leave the search for traps up to the rogues!

Templetroll and sekeetta, it was great seeing and gaming with you all, and your gaming stories give even Old One's stories a run for the money.

Thanks to everyone there for making it a great time for me.

After the fun I had (even after the mess with thaco), I'd still want to play in the "sequel" in April. The system kinda made ya want to hesitate about casting area effect spells..... as the poor wizard found out the hard way..... Not to mention the longer casting time.....

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Okie doke. I think the method I have used in the past is still the easiest way to get some ePrizes into GM hands. If you ran a game for the most recent NC Gameday (I'm using this schedule), then just drop me a line with "NC Gameday XII" in the subject line. In the email include the best email address to reach you (if it isn't the one you are using), your screenname, actual name, and the name of the event you ran. I'll send out information on how to get your CMG ePrize (chosen from among the most recent CMG releases). Thanks for supporting your local gameday!

email_mark_01.gif

Remove ads