NC Game Day XII: January 20th - BE THERE!

Dremmen

First Post
Rel said:
Yep. Saturday and Sunday. Saturday will have the traditional two 5-hour game slots ending at 8:00 PM. Sunday the slots are 4 hours each and we wrap at 6:00 PM. And we'll do the Friday Night Partay and Saturday Night Dinner as usual too.

Now yer talking! I can run one day, and play in a game the other!

Hmmm...still, the licensing exam is in mid-march, which will cut into some valuable game-preparation time. Hey Dolom! you out there you scruffy old man? How's about you and I run something? That way we can split the workload - your call, I know it has been some time since you ran D&D. We'll still be able to play on the second day.

Templetroll

Explorer
Darth K'Trava said:
After the fun I had (even after the mess with thaco), I'd still want to play in the "sequel" in April. The system kinda made ya want to hesitate about casting area effect spells..... as the poor wizard found out the hard way..... Not to mention the longer casting time.....

There was a reason most 1e mages were Neutral tending towards Eeeeevil!! I don't recall too many that ever hestitated in the least at tossing spells where they thought they would cause the most damage. Collateral damage was someone else 'walking into my spelll!" ;)

Alenda

First Post
I'm a bit late to the thread, but I did want to let you all know that I had a blast. Henry's game was a ton of fun! Playing 1e was really cool, and I was surprised again and again by the different rules.

I particulary liked when Toras mixed the potions, and when I got to use the Rogue's backstab capability. I killed a giant in one well-placed shot just seconds before getting zapped by a friendly Cone of Cold.

As always, it was a pleasure to play in one of Henry's games and gaming with Keryn and Nareau for the first time was great, and I look forward to gaming with them in the future.

My last-minute running of Belen's "Betrayal Game" was zany, rife with overpowered monsters, and ill-plotted, but the PCs survived in spite of it all, and I had a great cast of players who made the game fun to run! I particularly enjoyed introducing my brother (who is a D&D virgin) to the game. He tells me he had a wonderful time and is wrangling with his boss to get off for the April Gameday.

As a side note, I did want to say that Belen went to the doctor's on Monday and was diagnosed with Strep Throat, so he is now on antibiotics to treat the illness. Everyone should breath a deep sigh of relief that he stayed home and prevented contamination!

Mark Causey

Explorer
Gameday was again akin to liquid awesome in that it flowed smoothly, parched a gaming thirst, and was imbued with crystalline awesome.

Thanks go out to those in my game, I hope the word will spread and others won't be afraid to try their hand at my table in the future.

Here are my game notes. Through these three pages and some good character sheets, I was able to really kick it into full gear.

Dolom

First Post
Dremmen said:
Now yer talking! I can run one day, and play in a game the other!

Hmmm...still, the licensing exam is in mid-march, which will cut into some valuable game-preparation time. Hey Dolom! you out there you scruffy old man? How's about you and I run something? That way we can split the workload - your call, I know it has been some time since you ran D&D. We'll still be able to play on the second day.

That might be a tall order these days. I'm going to have to actually take a day (or two for both of them) off of work to make it to future game days. I'll have to see!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases