OSR Necrotic Gnome's Dolmenwood coming to Kickstarter on August 9 (with fancy limited edition slipcase set)

Unfortunately I don't have the time to read the preview at the moment. But I think, I will at least take a brief look once the other two PDFs also drop.

Weiley31

Legend
A pdf of the Player's Book has dropped via Backerkit today.
Not sure how many backers frequent these boards (as opposed to the NG Discord) but I'd love to hear what people think.
I like how Turn Undead works in it. I like the idea that the Friar can use Cooking Utensils and some things as 1D4 weapons (meaning I now want a Holy Avenger Frying Pan), and I like the Bat-faced gobins that not only love to party, but also have a slight tendency for arson.

Also: I REALLY dig the Hexcrawl Travel Points.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I like how Turn Undead works in it. I like the idea that the Friar can use Cooking Utensils and some things as 1D4 weapons (meaning I now want a Holy Avenger Frying Pan), and I like the Bat-faced gobins that not only love to party, but also have a slight tendency for arson.

Also: I REALLY dig the Hexcrawl Travel Points.
God, all this sounds so good. I just wish it was less BD&D than it is, which is a wildly unrealistic desire on my part.

Cruentus

Adventurer
I was a patreon supporter for a time, and backed the hardbacks. I've been using some of the exploration mechanics in my OSE/Beyond Greyhawk game - like the camping rules (need certain items depending on time of year to have a chance at a "good night's rest" in the wilderness), and foraging and hunting. There are so many fun little pieces I've cherry-picked for my homebrew campaign and they're a lot of fun - if you like that style of play, and where weight/encumbrance management is an element in the game.

I can't wait to run (or play in) a Dolmenwood game when and if my current campaign ends or we decide to take a break.

Remove ads