OSR Necrotic Gnome's Dolmenwood coming to Kickstarter on August 9 (with fancy limited edition slipcase set)

reelo

Hero
I like weird folk tales, but I am also generally in favor of miscegenation, I play with a diverse set of players, and one of those players is my “half-____” spouse.

That (stuff) is not well-received at our table.

YMMV.
They're all 100% human, though, your players? Whatever goes into the blank space in your quote, it's bound to be a human ethnicity. Breggle however are literally a sentient NONhuman species. They're not "humans with horns".

...And for the record, my two sons are half-__, because my wife is __.

Last edited:

Riley

Legend
Supporter
I don't think it's possible to argue someone else out of being offended.

Agreed.

I’d also clarify, for myself: I don’t feel “offended.” I’ll reserve a personal “offended” state for things of greater personal importance to me than an OSR Kickstarter book.

I’d rather say, again for myself: “I am bothered by the implications I perceive in what that author has casually dropped in there,” to a level of: “I will definitely feel embarrassed if/when someone else reads that in a book that I own.”

I can also easily see why some may reasonably feel very offended by the author's casual aside, as well as why others with different perspectives might not find that aside offensive at all.

🤷🏽

Last edited:

Remove ads