OSR Necrotic Gnome's Dolmenwood coming to Kickstarter on August 9 (with fancy limited edition slipcase set)

darjr

I crit!
It flipped back for a bit.

IMG_8129.jpeg

kapars

Adventurer
Has anyone taken a close reading at some of the lore in the preview around Breggles and Lankshorn? Something about it bothers me to the point that I canceled my pledge.

reelo

Hero
The Half-Breggles having genetic abnormalities part.
That makes you queasy? The breggle and their antics have been much toned down since the days of the Wormskin zine. It's only some offspring that's deformed. It's a little nod to Lovecraft's "Dunwich horror" I suppose...

kapars

Adventurer
That makes you queasy? The breggle and their antics have been much toned down since the days of the Wormskin zine. It's only some offspring that's deformed. It's a little nod to Lovecraft's "Dunwich horror" I suppose...
The description of Harper’s Hall describes “ a young half-breggle boy who stumbled out of the Wood some months ago. Like most of his kind, the boy is a half-wit, “. Not judging anyone else but that doesn’t sit right with me.

Aldarc

Legend
The description of Harper’s Hall describes “ a young half-breggle boy who stumbled out of the Wood some months ago. Like most of his kind, the boy is a half-wit, “. Not judging anyone else but that doesn’t sit right with me.
Considering that it's rooted in Lovecraft's racism? Yeah. Thanks for letting me know.

Riley

Legend
Supporter

That stuck in my craw, as well.

The breggle and their antics have been much toned down since the days of the Wormskin zine. It's only some offspring that's deformed.

And that is not reassuring. 😕

Remove ads