OSR Necrotic Gnome's Dolmenwood coming to Kickstarter on August 9 (with fancy limited edition slipcase set)

Fabulous new stretch goals have arrived: Update #3.
What I specifically like is that, based on the current funding progress, an online rules reference and online character creator have already been unlocked. Seems this only keeps getting better :)

Also, there's this nice roadmap for current and future stretch goals:
F3MriaCXIAAgCdp

Last edited:

reelo

Hero
I hope/think this will push past 1 million by the end. It's not even been up for 2 full days and we're already at over $800k. Backing will certainly slow down now until the last couple of days, as all Kickstarters do, but this is doing so well and hasn't even gone viral the way Shadowdark has.
Getting 4 adventures in Smyth-bound hardback form is a real incentive. For under $100 you not only get a complete game (PHB, Campaign Guide, Monster book) but also 4 adventures, and some other stuff. It's quite literally a steal!
And as a Patreon I already know the contents of the books. Just as OSE has become sort of the gold-standard for high-quality OSR games, so will Dolmenwood become the gold-standard for worldbuilding and -presentation.
I can't wait to hear/read/see the reviews from mainstream sites.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I hope/think this will push past 1 million by the end. It's not even been up for 2 full days and we're already at over $800k. Backing will certainly slow down now until the last couple of days, as all Kickstarters do, but this is doing so well and hasn't even gone viral the way Shadowdark has.
It's the talk of the OSR community, exactly where you'd expect it to be. It'll be showing up on Gizmodo and Dicebreaker, etc., soon enough as a result of that.

And yes, it'll almost certainly hit $1 million in the next week or so.

EDIT: And now there's a front page interview about it on ENWorld.

Last edited:

Remove ads