• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

need as much DR as possible

wmasters

First Post
A couple of perhaps obvious 3.5 sources that I can think of.. barbarian levels, adamantine armour/shield.

Can you be a half-fiendish warforged? Not that it'll necessarilly make you survive any longer because of the LA.

Spells like stoneskin kind of do a similar job. Greater Resiliency (Complete Warrior) gives you an extra 1.

I think there's another damage reduction feat in CWar, but can't remember what it's called.

A mantle of faith, if you've got 76k burning a whole in your pocket.

That's me out for the time being.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Stalker0 said:
The absolute best DR I can think of would be a forsaker. They get boatloads of DR when they destroy magic items...but keep in mind you can't use spells or items so its a BIG tradeoff.

Can a Warforged be a Forsaker to begin with?

The idea of being a Forsaker is that abhor magic and destroy magic items.
This is a bit of downer if you are in fact a big walking magic item.

DanMcS

Explorer
guardianfallenangel said:
what can i stack together, feats and such, to get the most DR. Planning on playing a warforged that spaces out in combat occasionally, and I want him to be able to survive.

Adamantite Body + Improved DR, both from the Eberron campaign setting, for warforged.

Soaking damage isn't really a survival strategy in D&D, though. It's an aid, at best. What's the best you can get from most sources, about DR 10 or 15? A power-attacking character can blow right through that, and it is completely ignored by most spells. If you're mid to high level and fighting hand-to-hand mooks of some kind (goblins with spears), yeah, they won't be able to hurt you, but they wouldn't anyway if you focused at all on your armor class.

Sejs

First Post
Personally speaking? I'd go with Adamantine Body, pick up a few iterations of Improved Damage Reduction if you're really so inclined.

How I would handle the actual spacing out though, isn't so much that you just stand there stock still. Take the total defense action. Possibly invest in Combat Expertise, and when you zone out, turn it up as high as it'll go. Another thing to consider might be that one parrying feat in the PHBII (name eludes me at the moment).

Essentially when the warforged zones out, play it out as his mind isn't home. He just stands there on the spot staring off into space. His body, however, reacts instinctivly, deflecting attacks without thought (or trying to, anyway).

MarkB

Legend
Just take Adamantine Body at 1st level for DR 2/adamantine, then take Improved Damage Reduction as every single one of your racial feats, gaining an additional +1 to your DR each time.

Aside from that, there are very few ways to stack DR. Generally speaking, it merely overlaps.

EDIT: Beaten to it - twice. I really should've paid more attention when reading the thread.

Remove ads