Need more human minis? (vikings, peasants, etc?)

Kunimatyu

First Post
I don't know about you guys, but at this point I've purchased most of the D&D monsters I'll ever need. What I often find myself wanting are human figures: viking-esque raiders, native warriors, greek hoplites, etc.

Well, a number of new minis companies are starting to do historical 28mm plastic minis in the GW sprue-of-bits-you-assemble style. Wargames Factory has already done Romans and Gauls, and they've just set up a patronage model of sorts for new molds.

Once a given idea has at least 50 backers and 500 sprues requested, they'll make concept art to send to those who preordered. Once at least 100 unique people say that they'll be willing to buy a total of 1000 sprues (so ~10 sprues/person), WF will make the set, and then everyone who preorders ponies up $1 per sprue so that WF can get the cash together to make the master mold. (obviously, the money you put down then becomes a discount when you purchase those sprues later)

It's a really neat business model that I'd like to see supported. Here's the link -- go check it out!

Some notable sprues I signed up for:
Ancients - Persian Immortals and Greek Hoplites
Dark Ages - Viking Warriors
Far East - Samurai Warriors
Renaissance - Peasant Mob
19 Century - Old West Gunfighters
Other - Modern Zombies

I also submitted ideas for a pirate sprue and aztec warrior sprue, but they're not up yet.

frankthedm

First Post
Zombies are doing really good on the list.

I suggested Three kingdoms foot troops. with [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDqamjm8lc4"]Chi Bi / Red Cliff [/ame]out soon that may be a worthwhile idea.

Remove ads