[Needle at Full] Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Salvete!

I've been gone from ENWorld for a long time. Probably years. I'd like to return, knowing that this return might evoke skepticism given how sudden and lengthy was my departure. So, here goes....

Beyond the Wall

You're a young person, and a thirst for adventure burns in your heart. Unfortunately, your native village isn't exactly a hotbed of action and intrigue. You know pretty much everyone, and pretty much everyone knows you as well. It's hard to be a stalwart adventurer around people who've seen you toddle about or muck a stable. Your friends are in the same boat. If only something -- anything -- would happen.

Your Character

I'd like to give Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures a spin. BTW is quite similar to many OSR OD&D clones in most ways. You don't need the rules to play or even to make up a character. If you'd like to play, and I'd prefer to limit things to four players, all you need to do is select a playbook background description from this list and give me the following die rolls (in this order): d12, d8, d8, d6, d6, d6, and d6. I'll put the characters together using the playbook you've chosen. No duplicate playbooks, please. If someone else has a heart set on Local Performer before you chime in, please consider another option.

Once I've gotten the initial characters worked out based on the playbook and dice rolls, I'll post them for further fleshing out.

The Village of...

Part of the character creation process also involves collaborative village creation. Once all four characters are made, we'll hash out those details.

Adventure!

After that, we'll put the characters through their paces with a short adventure.

So...

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
If it is an OSR adventure, just assume I'd be interested since I prefer BECMI, AD&D 1st edition and the like as these were what I grew up with. So anyway, yes, I am saying I am interested.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't have time to play, but I'll just say that character creation in Beyond the Wall is all the awesomeness that Traveller character creation is supposed to be, but often falls short of. The game runs very well, as well.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Deuce Traveler and Herobizkit: I'm thinking of letting this simmer for a few more days, and, if no one else bites, we can run things with just you two. That might require tweaking the rules a bit, perhaps with Sine Nomine Publishing's Solo Heroes?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
How much knowledge is needed for this? I've never played this system. I've done 4e, Pathfinder, 5e, and FF Star Wars, and read through other systems, but never done any old-school. But looking through the list given, I like the descriptions.

I might be up for Nobleman's Wild Daughter. That sounds like fun.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases