D&D 4E Nentir Vale lore pdfs for the uninitiated DM?

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I like that map! Easier to read than most others. Right now I'm going with these
NentirVale_Web.jpg

Here's a larger map with our current regional map inserted...
Screenshot_20230718-070321_kindlephoto-48035934.png

not-so-newguy

I've read through most of the History of Nentir Vale (post #5). I'm toying with the idea that most (or all) of the deities DCC are the 4e deities with another name and possibly another physical manifestation. Below is what I have so far.

DCC to Nentir Deity Conversion
The 4e Deities are in bold

LAW
 SEHANINE Shul, god of the moon
KLAZATH MOVED TO CHAOTIC
Ulesh, god of peace
PELOR Choranus, the Seer Father, lord of creation
MORADIN Daenthar, the Mountain Lord, greater god of earth and industry
BAHAMUT (different avatar) Gorhan, the Helmed Vengeance, god of valor and chivalry
AVANDRA Justicia, goddess of justice and mercy
ERATHIS Aristemis, the Insightful One, demi goddess of true seeing and strategy
RAVEN QUEEN The Three Fates

NEUTRAL
IOUN Amun Tor, god of mysteries and riddles
MELORA Ildavir, goddess of nature
MELORA (same goddess, different manifestation) Pelagia, goddess of the sea
Cthulhu, priest of the Old Ones

CHAOS
GRUUMSH Klazath, god of war
PHRAXAS Ahriman, god of death and disease
VECNA Hidden Lord, god of secrets
ORCUS Azi Dahaka, demon prince of storms and waste
Bobugbubilz, demon lord of evil amphibians
Cadixtat, chaos titan
Nimlurun, the unclean one, lord of filth and pollution
Malotoch, the carrion crow god

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Ahriman, god of death and disease
In the 4e Demonomicon it discusses a number of Demon Lords including what were NE Daemons/Yuguloths in prior editions. Phraxas is the 4e Demon Lord of Misery with a focus on disease. He is what would have been the Oinodaemon in prior editions, which had a tradition of being incarnated terrible diseases.

Being a top tier Demon Lord matches up well to Ahriman's roots as a Zoroastrian dualist top god of evil.

not-so-newguy

In the 4e Demonomicon it discusses a number of Demon Lords including what were NE Daemons/Yuguloths in prior editions. Phraxas is the 4e Demon Lord of Misery with a focus on disease. He is what would have been the Oinodaemon in prior editions, which had a tradition of being incarnated terrible diseases.

Being a top tier Demon Lord matches up well to Ahriman's roots as a Zoroastrian dualist top god of evil.
I appreciate this. I'm not very familiar with the demon lords. So many rabbit holes, so little time.

Voadam

Legend
I appreciate this. I'm not very familiar with the demon lords. So many rabbit holes, so little time.
In 4e terms Phraxas is an obscure one, he does not show up in the core books or the MMs, just the Demonomicon as far as I know. The big ones are Orcus, Demogorgon, and Lolth who show up as the covers of MM I, II, and III.

Manual of the Planes covered Grazzt who has a really cool 4e story of going from Archangel to Archdevil to Demon Lord and providing a reason to have official 4e succubi demons even though they are normally devils in 4e.

Demonomicon was near the end of 4e and covers Phraxas as well as Kotschie, Pazuzu, and Zuggtmoy with full entries and stats.

Remove ads