Nentir Vale/World of Nerath Information/Links?

So we started tonight and are doing the Kobold Hall adventure from the 4e DMG... after that they are able to go to Keep on the Shadowfell, but I realize there is a LOT of area between the two locations. Are there any adventures on the road from here to there?

You could do the Red Box Starter Set adventure. It was set up to be on the road to the east of Fallcrest, but one could just transpose the location, and have the skull that the boss wizard stole actually be from the Keep; Traevus the dwarf had stolen it from Karavel and was trying to get it as far from the keep as possible. Winning the adventure means that the PCs learn of dark deeds being done at the Keep.

Alternatively, the white dragon in the adventure has a scrying circle that gives the brief revelation of the dragon's treasure hoard in some other place. The PCs learn that it is in a place near Winterhaven (i.e. the Keep)

AslanC

Explorer
You could do the Red Box Starter Set adventure. It was set up to be on the road to the east of Fallcrest, but one could just transpose the location, and have the skull that the boss wizard stole actually be from the Keep; Traevus the dwarf had stolen it from Karavel and was trying to get it as far from the keep as possible. Winning the adventure means that the PCs learn of dark deeds being done at the Keep.

Alternatively, the white dragon in the adventure has a scrying circle that gives the brief revelation of the dragon's treasure hoard in some other place. The PCs learn that it is in a place near Winterhaven (i.e. the Keep)

This is perfection!

Though I worry that another white dragon immediately after the one in Kobold Hall might be a bit much, I can change that though. :)

Side note, is this a cleric of Erathis?

I ask because I think this was a cleric of Erathis.

Cheers!

This is perfection!

Though I worry that another white dragon immediately after the one in Kobold Hall might be a bit much, I can change that though. :)

Side note, is this a cleric of Erathis?

I ask because I think this was a cleric of Erathis.

Cheers!

It is Erathis' symbol that both clerics are wearing.

Just make it the same dragon. The reason that it doesn't attack the characters in the Twisting Halls (the Red Box adventure) is the sound thrashing it got from them in the Kobold Hall. In the Kobold Hall, it throws snow in the characters' eyes and runs away. It, of course, refuses to acknowledge that the characters beat it the first time, but it remains obviously wary of them.

OR, have the Kobold Hall dragon be the rival of the Twisting Hall dragon.

OR, reskin the Twisting Hall dragon as a dracolich, brought to "life" by the worshipping kobolds, or changed into that state by the Twisting Halls wizard using the skull of Traevus (as a sort of experiment).

AslanC

Explorer
It is Erathis' symbol that both clerics are wearing.

I think the blue is a Paladin, so maybe they wear blue and the clerics do the yellow?

Just make it the same dragon. The reason that it doesn't attack the characters in the Twisting Halls (the Red Box adventure) is the sound thrashing it got from them in the Kobold Hall. In the Kobold Hall, it throws snow in the characters' eyes and runs away. It, of course, refuses to acknowledge that the characters beat it the first time, but it remains obviously wary of them.

Doing Kobold Hall first.

OR, have the Kobold Hall dragon be the rival of the Twisting Hall dragon.

maybe...

OR, reskin the Twisting Hall dragon as a dracolich, brought to "life" by the worshipping kobolds, or changed into that state by the Twisting Halls wizard using the skull of Traevus (as a sort of experiment).

This is interesting... I'll give it some thought.

Cheers!

Tony Vargas

Legend
I took me a moment to get the joke.

Let's just stick to the topic at hand, shall we? :D
That'd be the civilized thing to do...

...seriously, though, many representations I've seen of Erathis's holy symbol have been metallic (it is a gear afterall). So one could be a yellow for gold/brass, and the other blue for silver/steel?

darkbard

Legend
This is currently the best resource I have come across for the Nentir Vale as a setting: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewforum.php?f=72

In particular, Zeromaru X's amazing compilation documents (the Gazzetteer and the History of the NV), each 100+ page Word documents, collect all the lore sprinkled throughout the various books and magazine articles and organzie it into a (relatively) cohesive and coherent whole. Together, they really do serve as a complete campaign setting book!

Remove ads