• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NetFlix's DareDevil - Your thoughts?

DareDevil is right there from the start of the 13 episodes. Except for the first 30 seconds. That is all the origine story we get really. The costume and name do not make the hero, the actions do. He's been kicking asses even before the series started. His decision was e.
if you never heard of dare devil and I took the opening sequence out and showed you the first 7 hours of the show you wouldn't eleven know the code name of the hero... More then half way through

In fact If I names 5 street level hero's and you never hers of any of them it still would not narrow it down . night watch. Night thrashed, moon knight, rage, and dare devil... 7 hours into 13 you don't know witch this is an origin for.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
There was a bit more, that both included flashbacks, but also the introduction of a character that had taught the hero as a boy martial arts and ninja skills, also a blind man (named "Stick") - so that too is part of the origin story, and the second part of the origin story.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I know what a flashback is, the question I posed to you (that you completely missed), is what does the use of the flashbacks in Daredevil mean to you? If they are not origin story (in a 30 second bite), what purpose did the flashbacks in the series serve?
Exposition.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
if you never heard of dare devil and I took the opening sequence out and showed you the first 7 hours of the show you wouldn't eleven know the code name of the hero... More then half way through
The titled of the show sort of gave it away. But so what? You can't be a superhero without a name? Not having a name means it is an origine story? Jessica Jones is named Jessica Jones. Will all her shows be a perpetual origine story?

Ryujin

Legend
The titled of the show sort of gave it away. But so what? You can't be a superhero without a name? Not having a name means it is an origine story? Jessica Jones is named Jessica Jones. Will all her shows be a perpetual origine story?

Well going by the preceding logic I guess that since she's no longer a superhero they would say it's the opposite. A 'terminus story'? ;)

Your being ridicules and I am done... Itwas a 13 hour badly flowed origin story that did not do the hero justice and fits better in the grim new dc movie verse then the marvel one...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Itwas a 13 hour badly flowed origin story that did not do the hero justice and fits better in the grim new dc movie verse then the marvel one...

You know that, for a Marvel comic, Daredevil is often pretty grim, right? Making it darker than the other things in the Marvel cinematic universe would be appropriate.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Your being ridicules and I am done... Itwas a 13 hour badly flowed origin story that did not do the hero justice and fits better in the grim new dc movie verse then the marvel one...

Didn't do the hero justice? That depends in which Marvel writers you're comparing the series to. I'm finding it a pretty decent fit with some of the a Frank Miller era.

Remove ads