NetFlix's DareDevil - Your thoughts?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi,

What, if any, ways are there to watch this legally without joining NetFlix? I'm fine to spend a few dollars per episode, but I don't want to join NetFlix.

Thx!

TomB

There are no legal ways; it's exclusive to Netflix. Well, I suppose you could watch it at a friend's house. That's a legal way to watch it without joining Netflix. :)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Hi,

What, if any, ways are there to watch this legally without joining NetFlix? I'm fine to spend a few dollars per episode, but I don't want to join NetFlix.

Thx!

TomB

The first month you join netflix is free. You can cancel after that. If this isn't your cup of tea, you'll have to wait for the DVDs to come out. They did it with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black (both series started on netflix). In a year or so.

Meliath1742

First Post
Excellent series. My only complaint is having to wait for the next season of episodes. My wife really hated the fact that he got the hell beat out of him most episodes...but she can't wait either :)

I have to agree with this being a 13 hour origin, and he got too beat up too often. This was a superhero show taken way too far from its roots.
And I liked it but it didn't feel like an MCU setting, it felt like it would fit better as a gangbusters story set with man of steel and superman v Batman. The MCU elements almost all felt tacked on and I think it would stand up better on its own.

I put it heads and tails above the movie though from a few years ago. I can hardly wait for iron fist

HardcoreDandDGirl

First Post
Funny, I don't see it as a 13 hour origin story. When we meet Murdock he's already Daredevil, just without the costume. The real origin story, of how he got his training and powers, occupies something less than 5 minutes in the entire season, and is dealt with in flashbacks.

well what do you call him getting hit by a truck and chemicals, his dad's boxing, him teaching himself how to read brail, him putting himself through college and law school with money he got from his dad being killed by the mob, being trained by stick... that's more origin time then the ben aflic film, or any super man or bat man film...

then on top of that we get the night nurse origin, then we get kingpins origin... that might be the passing issue I had, this whole series felt like a first act... set up and then the 'pay off' was the last half hour

Ryujin

Legend
I have to agree with this being a 13 hour origin, and he got too beat up too often. This was a superhero show taken way too far from its roots.
And I liked it but it didn't feel like an MCU setting, it felt like it would fit better as a gangbusters story set with man of steel and superman v Batman. The MCU elements almost all felt tacked on and I think it would stand up better on its own.

I put it heads and tails above the movie though from a few years ago. I can hardly wait for iron fist

Speaking of "Iron Fist", there's a fair bit of speculation as to where "Mistress Gao's" far away home is ;)

well what do you call him getting hit by a truck and chemicals, his dad's boxing, him teaching himself how to read brail, him putting himself through college and law school with money he got from his dad being killed by the mob, being trained by stick... that's more origin time then the ben aflic film, or any super man or bat man film...

then on top of that we get the night nurse origin, then we get kingpins origin... that might be the passing issue I had, this whole series felt like a first act... set up and then the 'pay off' was the last half hour

Total up the time that they spent on the flashbacks for that and, like I said, it's likely something less than 5 minutes in the whole series so far ;)

Ryujin

Legend
we have atleast 30 mins of the dad alone... and stick flash back was more then 5 mins... add in the college flash back too

Even if you count all of the flashback material, and not just the getting blinded and getting his powers stuff, that's still not very much for 13 episodes that run up to an hour in length.

Remove ads