D&D 5E Neverland: It's Peter Pan for D&D!

Andrews McMeel Publishing has released a D&D 5E setting based on the world of Peter Pan. "Created by award-winning designer Andrew Kolb, endless escapades unfold – with a fascinating and mysterious cast featuring Mermaids, Crocodiles, Pirates and Fairies, but also Giants, Gnomes, and a Great White Bird. The book is a feature-length hex crawl campaign, intended for sandbox exploration...

Andrews McMeel Publishing has released a D&D 5E setting based on the world of Peter Pan.

9781524860202_frontcover.jpg

"Created by award-winning designer Andrew Kolb, endless escapades unfold – with a fascinating and mysterious cast featuring Mermaids, Crocodiles, Pirates and Fairies, but also Giants, Gnomes, and a Great White Bird. The book is a feature-length hex crawl campaign, intended for sandbox exploration. Adapted from the tales of Peter Pan and tailored for an older audience, each hex is self-contained, brimming with lore from Peter Pan and the Darlings’ escapades."

9781524860202_insidepage_4.jpg

I'm not sure how Peter Pan's stats compare to those in Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters! Anyway, you can buy it now for $24.99.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Thread necro!

I picked this up yesterday in a book store and it's amazing. I've only read a tiny part of it, but I'm hooked. So much creativity packed into one book. Maps, adversaries (both types and named NPCs), events, plots, even random dungeon generation. TONS of artwork, but all from the author so if you don't like his style, well...

To answer the concerns/questions up-thread: it's 5e compatible, in the sense that HP and damage and stuff is in line with a D&D game, but it blatantly ignores large swathes of 5e "rules". However, I really like the reasoning and approach because it encourages the DM to used judgment/discretion rather than just follow rules. For example, creatures are given three saving throw modifiers, for "high", "medium", and "low", and the instructions are to apply them as the DM sees fit. Attack modifier? Add the first two saving throws together.

I'll come back and add more as I keep reading, but this is the most interesting and original supplement, for any game, that I've acquired in a long time.

Thread necro!

I picked this up yesterday in a book store and it's amazing. I've only read a tiny part of it, but I'm hooked. So much creativity packed into one book. Maps, adversaries (both types and named NPCs), events, plots, even random dungeon generation. TONS of artwork, but all from the author so if you don't like his style, well...

To answer the concerns/questions up-thread: it's 5e compatible, in the sense that HP and damage and stuff is in line with a D&D game, but it blatantly ignores large swathes of 5e "rules". However, I really like the reasoning and approach because it encourages the DM to used judgment/discretion rather than just follow rules. For example, creatures are given three saving throw modifiers, for "high", "medium", and "low", and the instructions are to apply them as the DM sees fit. Attack modifier? Add the first two saving throws together.

I'll come back and add more as I keep reading, but this is the most interesting and original supplement, for any game, that I've acquired in a long time.
Honestly, I would be more interested in the setting material, as Neverland would be a perfect Domain of Delight with Peter Pan as an archfey.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
If anyone hasn't read the original, Peter Pan is a surprisingly fun and witty book. There's a whole storyline about the children's father feeling so bad about how his cheapness (using a dog instead of hiring a nanny) led to his children vanishing that he starts sleeping in the dog house... Then he starts carrying the dog house on his way to work... Then he becomes a local celebrity because of this eccentric behavior... It's great fun.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
This is a great product. I own it as do several of my regular johns. I intend to run it probably sometime next year.

General note on OSR products (IMO): The adventures produced are better than what WotC publishes. However, if you ever see one that says it is designed/converted for 5e, please note that it has been my experience that a lot of these writers - being mostly familiar with older versions of the game - don't really understand 5e all that well, so their conversions can be clunky. So my advice is to buy the original OSR version of the adventure and convert it yourself.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
If anyone hasn't read the original, Peter Pan is a surprisingly fun and witty book. There's a whole storyline about the children's father feeling so bad about how his cheapness (using a dog instead of hiring a nanny) led to his children vanishing that he starts sleeping in the dog house... Then he starts carrying the dog house on his way to work... Then he becomes a local celebrity because of this eccentric behavior... It's great fun.
For anyone interested, the novel, Peter Pan and Wendy, is in the public domain and available at Project Gutenberg:

For anyone interested, the novel, Peter Pan and Wendy, is in the public domain and available at Project Gutenberg:
Its so sad you can't access it from germany because of the family of one writer, who sued them. And they just said, so you Germans are out of luck...

Not so much anymore:

Here you can still find it.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Its so sad you can't access it from germany because of the family of one writer, who sued them. And they just said, so you Germans are out of luck...

Not so much anymore:

Here you can still find it.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Project Gutenberg really is a great resource.
I'm glad you've got an alternative available in Germany!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads