Neverwinter Nights.. Are you still playing this

ForceUser

Explorer
I immersed myself in it for a few weeks, made 20th level by doing every single side quest I found by the time I got to chapter three...and sort of lost interest. Single player got old after bashing my thousandth chest open, and the bad guys looked neat but were not challenging. I'd be willing to give it another go in a good roleplaying environment.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
I've got the game... My wife and I are both about halfway through the 3rd chapter of the included campaign.

Now, we are both beginning to experiment with the Tool Set. The idea being that we will each build a small "world", and then take turns building single-player adventures for each other. Maybe pass the finished products around to our friends who have the game.

Maraxle

First Post
I burned myself out back in the Baldur's Gate days, and can't even look at CRPGs anymore. As for multiplayer, I just don't like it. I played Quake when it first came out, and discovered that Death Matches bore me. Then, I beta tested Asheron's Call and discovered that massively multiplayer online RPGs bore me too.

Oberton

First Post
Maraxle said:
I burned myself out back in the Baldur's Gate days, and can't even look at CRPGs anymore. As for multiplayer, I just don't like it. I played Quake when it first came out, and discovered that Death Matches bore me. Then, I beta tested Asheron's Call and discovered that massively multiplayer online RPGs bore me too.

I feel you pain on this one. I am not running NWN as a Massivly Multiplayer Online Game (MMPOG), but I am running simple modules for my friends. I build, I email a date, time and password and they logon and play as a group. I sometimes play with them as a player, but more often I play as a DM to help flesh out the NPCS and such.

There are some cool technologies coming out in the MMPOG industry. I would not dismiss these types of games yet. One that really shows promise is called EVE. It stress es skills and knowledge as your primary feature, not combat or equipment. If the programmers can pull it off, this should be a unique game that promotes character development via skills and by who they know in the community of players. An interview with one of the developers pointed out that they did their best to stay away from the EQ syndrome of playing just to level and get equipment. He said they wanted to develop a community and characters that did not get better via levels, but through their connections and skills... You can find more info on this game via http://www.gamespy.com or go to the developers site: http://www.eve-online.com/

Game-ON

Bagpuss

Legend
Yeah I don't know where people are getting the idea that NWN is a MMORPG. It isn't although there are a few Persistant Worlds, that can take a "massive" 32 players at once. Thats not what you call massive really. Most games are from 4 to 8 players, the best games have a DM or even several and are organised, much like a PnP game. IE: You pick a time to play and the people you play with, thats why Neverwinter Connections is a god send, it really is a new way to play RPGs online.

Oberton

First Post
Bagpuss said:
Yeah I don't know where people are getting the idea that NWN is a MMORPG. It isn't although there are a few Persistant Worlds, that can take a "massive" 32 players at once. Thats not what you call massive really. Most games are from 4 to 8 players, the best games have a DM or even several and are organised, much like a PnP game. IE: You pick a time to play and the people you play with, thats why Neverwinter Connections is a god send, it really is a new way to play RPGs online.

I like your sig.

Maraxle

First Post
Bagpuss said:
Who said it was a MMORPG?

smetzger

Explorer
Could anyone recommend a good multiplayer connection for:
1) Death Match

2) Hack and Slash team work

3) DM Guided game

Thanks,
*:> Scott

Remove ads