Neverwinter Nights.. Are you still playing this

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I bought this game, wouldn't run on my computer, had to use a freinds computer. Could not get into the game. I didn't feel like learning a programming language to try and program anything so I have not really played this game after the first week of its release.

Are any of you playing this game still? Did you program your worlds? Did it replace pen paper as some feared?

TiQuinn

I play the game at least a couple times a week with my friends.

Still haven't gotten out of the first chapter in the single player game. There's just far too much good stuff being put out by some very talented and creative gamers on NWNVault to be bothered with the single player!

Latency

First Post
I have played through the single player twice now once as a cleric and the second a wizard. Not to mention the countless multiplayer hours per week. Best game I have played in a long time.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Dagger75 said:

Are any of you playing this game still? Did you program your worlds? Did it replace pen paper as some feared?

It is a nice and long game- I won it and promptly uninstalled it.

I toyed with their designer, but found it a bit too complex for my laziness level.

As for it replacing p&p- no way. My adventures involve swimming, climbing, jumping, and lots of running during dramatic moments- NWN could not handle that.

FD

Henry

Autoexreginated
I highly encourage those of you who have not yet taken a look at some of the fan-created modules to please do so. There are several very strong playable modules being released. Of Course, true to form, 80% of those available are not very good, there are some notable exceptions. One of which I wish to highly point out is Shadowraven's Keep on the Borderlands, an excellent module that is NOT a copyright violation of the original, but is rather Shadowraven's conception of how the module should go - and a very good standalone, I must say.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Mithriltooth said:
I finished the game last month. It in no way replaces Pen and Paper RPGs, not even close, IMO.
Great Game to play though.

Finished?? You didn't try out the muti-player options? :eek:

That's 80% of the reason that I bought this thing for! I'm still learning the game though - I want to have some good combat strategies and more stable computer (I'm slogging through right now with only 128MB of PC100 RAM - very chuggy at times). Got my first PC up to 10th level in Chapter 2. Going to get some faster RAM this weekend - then i plunge into the multi-player online stuff!! :)

Speaker

First Post
I have played NWN to the third chapter, but recently have not been able to apply and immerse myself to the storyline.

I've been distracted by the tool-set!

I take great pleasure in this fiendish tool. It helps that I recently took a C++ course, but to tell the truth that knowledge was not all too beneficial. Most of my existing knowledge of how to use the scripting part of the tool-set comes from the official tutorials--my C++ knowledge has done me little.

I have yet to publish anything to the public forum, but give me some weeks to polish up a true campaign and I will do so!

Once it is understood, even at the basic level I currently approach it, the tool-set is a simple mechanism for executing a DMs grand design. Slap down a creature, change its levels, change its possessions, feats, skills, look, faction, hit points, armour class, speed, spells, dialogue, and so forth and so on...

I am as enthusiastic with the power it gives me as I was when I first began to experiment with it. And that is more then I can say for other editors I have attempted.

Is it PnP quality? No. But we knew that going in.

It allows for limitless creativity in moderation. And this is the delightful contradiction that keeps me working on one module after another, trying to learn as much as I can as soon as I can, so that when I truly apply the skills I learn, I will make a game that may, for a while, capture and hold the interest of its players.

Remove ads