• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neverwinter Nights expansions announced

AereonBlaze

First Post
Salutations!

Your friendly neighborhood lurker here to inform you that it seems Bioware (makers of NWN) have announced not one, but two expansion packs to be released next year. :eek:

Gamespot articles can be found here and here . Unfortunately, I think you might need Gamespot Complete access to read them, so I'll summarize briefly.

One is called Shadows of Undrentide and is apparently a new 30+ hour campaign revolving around a fallen Netherese city. The second expansion (labeled XP2 - working title) is for high level adventurers (possibly epic levels?)

Did I mention it seems they'll have prestige classes, new tilesets, monsters, spells, skills and feats? :D

I'm certainly looking forward to this, just thought I'd let everyone know about it. The official NWN messageboard post for it is here

-Aereon

Welverin

First Post
Cool maybe by the time they come out I'll actually be able to play the stinking game. STUPID, STUPID VIDEO CARD!

AereonBlaze said:
Gamespot articles can be found here and here . Unfortunately, I think you might need Gamespot Complete access to read them, so I'll summarize briefly.

Nope, everything is readable by everyone for the first week, after that stuff gets locked away. Only exceptions are video and downloads, which do required and account.

Brudewollen

First Post
Has there been much of a movement to make OGL stuff for NWN? Has Wizards/BioWare even allowed this, beyond the normal fan mods and adventures that are probably out there online somewhere? Also re: OGL, can developers create and sell their own adventures or additions for NWN?

Unseelie

First Post
Brudewollen said:
Has there been much of a movement to make OGL stuff for NWN? Has Wizards/BioWare even allowed this, beyond the normal fan mods and adventures that are probably out there online somewhere? Also re: OGL, can developers create and sell their own adventures or additions for NWN?

Electronic games are excluded from the OGL, for what it's worth. It can't be OGL, and therefore can't use OGC. I suppose you could use OGC content yourself, but I'm not sure of the legality of making it available for others.

As for adventures, etc. I'd have to check Bioware's license, but I suspect all work done is considered a derivative work and therefore technically belongs to them.

And as I said before, games can't be OGL... therefore you couldn't publish a NWN adventure as OGL/OGC.

However, the community seems pretty strong on sharing what they do... it seems that Bioware is okay with giving stuff away, just not selling it.

Remove ads