• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E New 4e Art!

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I love the new 4e trolls as well. I love Mimura's work. Looks a lot better in person though. I'm so glad he's on the design team.

Klaus, what's up with the droopy skin on the troll's arms?

F4NBOY

First Post
I'm a little outdated regarding monsters, but I noticed the beholder is called "Flame Beholder".
Is it something new or does it already exist in any of the MMs?

Klaus

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
I love the new 4e trolls as well. I love Mimura's work. Looks a lot better in person though. I'm so glad he's on the design team.

Klaus, what's up with the droopy skin on the troll's arms?
Trolls (in the weird dimension that is my mind) have a habit of constantly chewing on folds of their own skin, much like a human bites her fingernails. And it keeps growing back, and faster.

Pants

First Post
I've been a big Raven Mimura fan for a while. Glad to see WotC is giving him some more work and I really like the new look of the trolls. Big improvement over the 3e versions.

Dm_from_Brazil

First Post
No one noticed...

..that the "helmed warrior", "red halfling", "axe-wielding dwarf" and "blond elf maid" are REGDAR, LIDDA,TORDEK and MIALEE (the D&D Iconics) in their new, revamped, 4ed version?

Agamon

Adventurer
Dm_from_Brazil said:
..that the "helmed warrior", "red halfling", "axe-wielding dwarf" and "blond elf maid" are REGDAR, LIDDA,TORDEK and MIALEE (the D&D Iconics) in their new, revamped, 4ed version?

o_O That's not a bad call. And if so, Lidda went from ultra-cutie to new hotness. :)

Talath

Explorer
I can't express to any of you how awesome this art is. If this is the direction they are taking 4th edition in art, then I'll be happy. I like the comic looking art; I like the horned helmets, big freekish and evil looking trolls. For me, it's alot about art and how it inspires me; I love the older art of the OD&D, 1e, 2e, and some of the 3e games. Art leads my imagination to a place and I then take over and start exploring. I especially loved alot of the full page illustrations from the 2e books, like the scene from the revised PHB where two characters fight a flying lich in a venice-looking city on a boat that's sinking. Or the classic Emerikol the Chaotic, or a Paladin in Hell. Those illustrations are a portal to adventure and imagination, and I just need to look at them to start asking questions, and start answering them.

How awesome does this fighter look, greatsword in hand, horned helm, in armor, holding his sword to the sky? So awesome that I want to be that guy. I want to kick ass and have a horned helmet. I've played this game for 14 years, and I've had a gold helmet, but never a horned helmet. I think it's time to get me one.

And yeah, I wanna fight trolls that scare the excrement from me and make me think "We're gonna die! Game over! Game over man!" I wanna feel the fear. Make me feel the fear WotC, make me feel the fear!

I'm so pumped about this artwork, whoever said give this artist work, I agree. Give him more work, and I'll give WotC some of my dollars.

EDIT: I don't even care that the warrior isn't wearing full armor. He has a "give em hell" look, a big sword, and a HORNED HELMET! He defeated the trolls with his awesome style way before he sliced their heads off. If looks could kill, he's grinding his arse off.

Intrope

First Post
!!!!

They are! How cool is that! (Admittedly, Tordek and Regar are much closer to the 3ePHB than Lidda/Mailee. But I'm sure you're right)

Remove ads