• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E New 4e Art!

Feything

First Post
F4NBOY said:
ReGenerationDetail2.jpg

I hope all 4E elves are beautiful as this one.
She is so mysterious and powerful. She emanates attraction and awe!

Most 3E elves looked like ugly aliens.

I realize I'm repeating myself, but I agree. That's exactly what elves should look like.

F4NBOY said:
I hope all 4E elves are beautiful as this one.
She is so mysterious and powerful. She emanates attraction and awe!

Most 3E elves looked like ugly aliens.
Yes, I agree, this Elf looks a lot better than what you usually saw in D&D. (I remember even Neverwinter Nights 1 didn't have any good looking character potraits for elves...)

The "pantless" Fighter looks to me like compensation for all the chain mail bikinis female characters have to wear. (I got reminded of this when I saw the picture of the Drow that's also on the gallery (albeit for a FR supplement). So, maybe the art gets at least consistent (and "attractive" for male and female players alike)? :)

Well, I am not very much excited about art in general, but I definitely like this look and hope to see more of it.

noretoc

First Post
Great work, but I have to agree on one thing and point out another.

The axe is terrible. I hope that is not the direction they are going. It looks like an axe from the power rangers that can split into five pieces. One good hit, sundered axe.

Also the Dwarves beard is not long enough. Maybe it is tucked in his armor.

DarthDiablo

First Post
Sammael said:
I love Mimura's trolls, which are very close to my vision of what a typical troll should look like.

I agree. Previous edition trolls never struck me as trolls from their fairy tale roots. The tall sickly thin designs always seemed out of place. The 4E troll looks like a troll to me. I can picture one of those hanging out under a bridge, ready to ambush unsuspecting travelers. They also look closer to a Tolkein troll than the older versions. I could even call one of them Grendal and he'd fit what I picture as the look of the old monster of myth. By the expressions on their faces they look evil & menacing-like they might actually crave human flesh. Much better than their anorexic predecessors.

Intrope

First Post
breschau said:
Nah. This is what Elves should look like.
Hmmm: Blond, pretty, shoulder guards on mage, pointy ears: seperated at birth? ;)

Attachments

• Elf.jpg
    Elf.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Deed.jpg
    Deed.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 72

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Dm_from_Brazil said:
..that the "helmed warrior", "red halfling", "axe-wielding dwarf" and "blond elf maid" are REGDAR, LIDDA,TORDEK and MIALEE (the D&D Iconics) in their new, revamped, 4ed version?

I agree (but never would have noticed without your post, so thanks!)

I wonder if Tordek or Regdar is now a Warlord, making this a well-rounded party? (since it appears that a warlord is a viable sub for a cleric)

Also, aren't they expecting a standard party size of five players now? If so, they need to add in another iconic...but I'm not sure who.

Remove ads