New 5E Epic Books coming in 2020

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Hi all! :)

Just a heads up I am working on some epic material for release early 2020. Art is underway.

A few things of note at this stage:

• Yes it is 5E, I know some of you will be disappointed its not 3.5E but I think the former is a better system for Epic/Immortal play.
  • I'll Almost certainly utilise Amazon's Kindle and Print on Demand service. I know the print quality is average, but I don't know how many copies I'll sell and costs-wise it doesn't make sense to use high quality printing (like Printninja) unless I am selling 1000+ copies.
  • I'd like to keep things to about 64-80 pages per book...though naturally I'll try and cram in as much material to each book as possible.
  • I should know by the end of the year what the release date should be, but no point speculating about that now (and we all know what I'm like with release dates anyway).

If you have any general, non-spoilery questions or suggestions or comments, this is the thread for that.

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Hey Akira amigo! :)

I'm actually excited to be working on something EPIC again. Got lots of ideas, we'll just see how this first one is received and go from there. Basically I started with all the epic material I hadn't released, mixed it all together, added some new ideas and came up with a (hopefully) interesting epic campaign.

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Hi Beefermatic mate,

Also, any new updates or news?

Apologies for the lack of updates. I don't want to make a big deal out of this but my Dad was taken ill at the start of January. He's been in and out of hospital since then and he has a serious operation planned for the beginning of March. So real world stuff has just completely got in the way of any significant progress. At this juncture I don't know when I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. So for the short term at least (I was planning to have a book ready for April) I'll just have to put things on hold.

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Howdy Alzrius mate,

Very exciting news, U_K! Now that we're near the end of the year, any updates on the timetable?

Apologies for not replying earlier amigo. I did not get an email to let me know anyone had posted and since the start of January real life has intervened.

Things will be on hold for a while.

Probably better in future if I just have a book ready for release and THEN announce it.

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Hey Beefermatic amigo!

Shit, Krusty, I'm so sorry to hear that. Real world stuff always has to take precedence. Take care of your family, man. Seriously.

Thanks for the well wishes. As noted I don't want to make an issue of it. Everyone and every family has their own drama's and problems to deal with. We'll get through it but it has curtailed my writing comeback at least in the short term.

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Hey Rhuarc amigo! :)

Hope things are better again on your end, UK.

My father passed away in April (can't recall if I mentioned that on the boards prior to now).

Still, I assume there are news about this project of yours?

I had the cover commissioned several months ago, but I want to wait until I have something a bit more substantial before I show anything and progress has been slow the past few months for various reasons. But I do have a lot of plans (as ever) so I'll get there eventually. Just give me a bit of time. ;)

Hope you are keeping well yourself my friend?

Rhuarc

Explorer
My father passed away in April (can't recall if I mentioned that on the boards prior to now).

Oh man, that's everything but good news. My sincere condolences. Wish you and your family the best!

I had the cover commissioned several months ago, but I want to wait until I have something a bit more substantial before I show anything and progress has been slow the past few months for various reasons. But I do have a lot of plans (as ever) so I'll get there eventually. Just give me a bit of time. ;)

Quite understandable of course, no worries. As long as you know there are still some people around who are eagerly waiting for more published work from you (or simply forum posts showing off what you are working on), it's all good.

Hope you are keeping well yourself my friend?

Well enough so far, thanks. My 5th edition game just reached level 21 last week, so things get interesting from here on out :D

Upper_Krust

Adventurer
Hey Rhuarc mate!

Oh man, that's everything but good news. My sincere condolences. Wish you and your family the best!

He was diagnosed with cancer of the Pancreas in January, became very ill (practically hospital bound), had it removed in March and seemed okay but deteriorated over the next few weeks only to die of a heart attack in April. I was with him at the end; performing CPR in vain until the paramedics arrived but they couldn't revive him. The first week or two were pretty tough but I'm doing okay now.

Quite understandable of course, no worries. As long as you know there are still some people around who are eagerly waiting for more published work from you (or simply forum posts showing off what you are working on), it's all good.

I kick myself every day about not having stuff done. So many ideas for books, epic t-shirts and all sorts. I'll get my act together eventually.

I have a great cover artist (wait til you see these new covers) and some fantastic interior artists (some also working on my graphic novel) and some amazing 'graphic-y' (if that's even a word) ideas for 5E epic stuff.

Well enough so far, thanks. My 5th edition game just reached level 21 last week, so things get interesting from here on out :D

Very cool! I do enjoy 'epic' level 5th. It took a while to grow on me - but I see the merits of it now. Glad you are still able to game with everything going on.

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4