D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Me, literally 30 seconds ago: ERMAHGERD IT'S MINSC!

Me, literally 1 minute before that: COME ON LARIAN, WHERE ARE THE DRAGONBORN?!

I think these two things sum up my response to this trailer. Other than liking the old lady. She sounds like fun. "Let's make this....interesting."

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I'd be....wary of any kind of "sequel" to Planescape: Torment. Not that BG3 is even really a "sequel" anyway, at least from what we know at present, but PS:T was a very completely-answered story. It would betray the art of the original to try to make a sequel.

Instead, just...moving on, perhaps with oblique references, would be best. A new Planescape game that tells a genuinely new story, perhaps one that doesn't focus that much on Sigil.

I'd be....wary of any kind of "sequel" to Planescape: Torment. Not that BG3 is even really a "sequel" anyway, at least from what we know at present, but PS:T was a very completely-answered story. It would betray the art of the original to try to make a sequel.

Instead, just...moving on, perhaps with oblique references, would be best. A new Planescape game that tells a genuinely new story, perhaps one that doesn't focus that much on Sigil.
Someone already tried it: Torment: Tides of Numenera - Wikipedia

As you predict, it sucked.

Remove ads