D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

I thought they were Angels at first glance, Astral Devas, but someone on Larian's own forums pointed that you see the Fallen Aasimar (which it's black partly skeletal wings) and the Protector Aasimar
with it's bright fluffy wings, in the video, plus the Half Orc, which means we will likely be getting those races in patch 9.

Some folks are disappointed with no Dragonborn yet, but Dragonborn are the hardest to do because unlike all the other races and the Aasimar & Half Orcs, use can't use human actors for models for Dragonborn, so that is a naughty word ton more work. Same with other races without humaniod heads.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I thought they were Angels at first glance, Astral Devas, but someone on Larian's own forums pointed that you see the Fallen Aasimar (which it's black partly skeletal wings) and the Protector Aasimar
with it's bright fluffy wings, in the video, plus the Half Orc, which means we will likely be getting those races in patch 9.

Some folks are disappointed with no Dragonborn yet, but Dragonborn are the hardest to do because unlike all the other races and the Aasimar & Half Orcs, use can't use human actors for models for Dragonborn, so that is a naughty word ton more work. Same with other races without humaniod heads.
The biggest issue is simply that they've said nothing whatsoever about dragonborn for like...a year and a half in development, and the game is set to launch in something like 9 months. To go this far and say literally nothing, not even a basic platitude of "we know it's hard to wait but good results are worth it and we don't want to disappoint people with showing things too early," is a valid reason for concern. Hell, formally speaking I don't know if they've even explicitly said that dragonborn will be an option, just implied it by saying all PHB options will be in it.

That said, I stumbled upon an unofficial reason to have hope. Apparently the patch 8 files contain test head models of both sexes for dragonborn. And they're both actually quite handsome! So while official word is lacking, data miners have given me reason to relax, to wait and see.

Scribe

Legend
I may reinstall the early access and hope to god they fixed the games issues but I worry that I'll just tilt over the fact they havent fixed the problems from over a year ago.

The biggest issue is simply that they've said nothing whatsoever about dragonborn for like...a year and a half in development, and the game is set to launch in something like 9 months.
Personally, I wouldn't mind if there are no dragonborn. After all, they include a couple of races that are not in the core rules. It's just a case of "this campaign has a curated list of playable races". Maybe dragonborn are not suitable hosts for mindflayer infestation?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases