D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

Relevant to this thread and buried in the patch notes:
  • Added female human and elf heads to Character Creation.
So I guess maybe we should expect more customization in the final game?

EDIT - They added a different new one for Half-Elf females too. It may be my new favourite for those, even more than the "cute idiot with enormous ears" which I was rolling with before.

People are saying they added new hairstyles but I haven't noticed which ones.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Revealed that Matt Mercer will be voicing Minsc.

While he's a fine VA and I know he loves D&D and Baldurs Gate... like Jim Cummings (the original Minsc VA) is still active and would have apparently liked to have come back for the role....

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
So it was bugging me, and I want a game to play over the holiday so reinstalled it and ran through the options.

Looking at the males, its not as bad as I thought. I do wish Elves looked different, but its actually decent.

Humans - Human.
High Elf - This, just looks Human, with Ears. A more "Chad" jawline?
Tiefling - Not Human
Gith - Not Human
Dwarf - OK, Dwarf Male works.
Half-Elf - Honestly, looks more 'Elf' than the Elf...
Halfling - Variously looks likes my father-in-law, or EITHER of my neighbors. I dont know why but I find that funny...
Gnome - Works.
Drow? I mean..

View attachment 269615
He makes me think of Prince Charming from Shrek.

Revealed that Matt Mercer will be voicing Minsc.

While he's a fine VA and I know he loves D&D and Baldurs Gate... like Jim Cummings (the original Minsc VA) is still active and would have apparently liked to have come back for the role....
Aw, that's unfortunate. I have nothing against Mercer but Jim Cummings did a great job.

Aw, that's unfortunate. I have nothing against Mercer but Jim Cummings did a great job.
Without getting into Cummings, he's, uhhh, had some issues. Plenty of people still work with him, he's not fully cancelled or whatever, but if you're forward-looking you might want to avoid that changing in future. So Mercer is probably a safe bet.

Remove ads