D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

HaroldTheHobbit

Adventurer
(y)

Except the game, as true to 5E as the combat is, has zero depth. Not evenly remotely comparable to any of the Infinity Engine games. That's what a coffee budget buys you... you get what you pay for (to reference a point I made to you earlier). Maybe effort spent on a creative director, writers, etc. is where the BG3 time and money budget is going? Do you think that might be the difference between a Solasta and a BG3?
My point was to show that you can make a game with faithful 5E mechanics for very little money, instead of being lazy Larian style and put a shallow 5E varnish on top of an existing non-D&D system with non-D&D mechanics. I have never made any claims that Solasta is a glorious, tripple-A game, merely that the game has working 5E mechanics with a fraction of Larians budget.

I have no problem if you or others don't agree with my personal views on BG3, but at least try to read my posts in good faith.

I wish ANY 5E game (current and future) could develop a good system for handling Reactions. Both Solasta and BG3 use absolutely aggravating methods, but I can't think of a better way to handle them outside of some kind of Gambit/Tactics system where you can set up each one by priority along with flags for resources remaining, mooks vs bosses, etc.

Plus cut scenes, there are plenty of them on the main quest path.
No.

Absolutely not.

You presumably haven't played Cyberpunk 2077.

The cut-scenes are IN FIRST PERSON. There's one early on which features a mirror but that's still not third-person, that's just a mirror like I said!

It's possible one or more of the endings features third-person, because I haven't seen all of them (only one in fact), and please no-one spoil them for me. But certainly nothing before that does. So you need to admit you're straight-up wrong on this. Or name the specific cutscenes where you think a game with amazing artistic commitment to staying in first person, suddenly deviates from that (pretty sure the only reason they even did it with cars is because the car driving controls by release were so bad it was nearly impossible to drive well in first-person - they since totally reworked that).

We can look them up on YouTube mate. This is very easy to prove/disprove, and if you go look, you'll see how wrong you are!

As for "dongs clipping through clothes was because sliders", well, that's not a slider lol, and there very few options too (three to be precise). And no, that was because of their incompetent programming generally. It wasn't "because sliders". There's tons of bad clipping in BG3 too! They actually fixed that disappointingly fast for such a truly hilarious error.
How many games can you name that are actually better because you can adjust your character's nose length? And how often is it just something else to waste time debugging?
I'd say loads of games are actually better because you can influence the appearance of the main character significantly and I don't think the gaming industry would dispute that.

Let's just be real an admit the artistic choices to do with faces in BG3 are pretty strange. But they're Larian's artistic choices. They're not so bad I'd be asking for my money back, I definitely feel less attached to my character because of the bland-if-real-looking faces I get to pick from, and the low level of customization/individuality.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go read the patch notes for the new BG3 patch so I can go play it once it finishes downloading! :p

LOL bloody hell what.

Literally the first thing we learn about the Paladin subclasses they've got - Devotion and Ancients - is that Larian have completely made up new abilities for them!

That's not the best possible start to proceedings I must admit!

Devotion Paladins get "Holy Rebuke" which you put on a target and creatures attacking it take 1d4 damage (hopefully before they swing? Unclear). (This is a little bit like Rebuke the Violent from Redemption Paladins)

Ancients Paladins get some sort of AOE heal called "Healing Radiance" which looks decent-ish.

But is this replacing or in addition to Sacred Weapon/Nature's Wrath respectively, or their Turn abilities? Oh and you can also become an Oathbreaker by making certain conversation choices. Let's pray there's a warning that dialogue options will do that or it'll be autosave before all serious conversations class lol. Oathbreakers get Control Undead, which doesn't function at all like it does in the tabletop, but instead summons an undead and also is a spell not an ability.

Oh Larian...

Scribe

Legend
LOL bloody hell what.

Literally the first thing we learn about the Paladin subclasses they've got - Devotion and Ancients - is that Larian have completely made up new abilities for them!

That's not the best possible start to proceedings I must admit!

Devotion Paladins get "Holy Rebuke" which you put on a target and creatures attacking it take 1d4 damage (hopefully before they swing? Unclear). (This is a little bit like Rebuke the Violent from Redemption Paladins)

Ancients Paladins get some sort of AOE heal called "Healing Radiance" which looks decent-ish.

But is this replacing or in addition to Sacred Weapon/Nature's Wrath respectively, or their Turn abilities? Presumably not the latter as they say Oathbreaker Paladins are also in as a third subclass if you break your oath and they still have Control Undead. Let's pray there's a warning that dialogue options will do that or it'll be autosave before all serious conversations class lol.

Oh Larian...

This is what I'm talking about. Got a link so I can fully tilt myself???

Just put the game in Larian, and let players go wild with custom 'mods' so I dont have to play someone's homebrew.

I dont want to play Larians version of 5e, I just want to play 5e.

Remove ads