D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

No.

Absolutely not.

You presumably haven't played Cyberpunk 2077.
I've played 2077. It has third person cut scenes. For example, V
leans against the side of her vehicle smoking, whilst contemplating a very long drop.
I'd say loads of games are actually better because you can influence the appearance of the main character significantly and I don't think the gaming industry would dispute that.
So name them?

The thing about "conventional wisdom" is it's often wrong. As evidence, I cite Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 7, Planescape Torment.

On appearance sliders specifically, they often just allow you to stretch around a generic white European face. Whilst you can change the skin colour it's often difficult to change the features to match a different ethnicity. "Selectahead" potentially allows a more diverse set of choices. Something I think WotC would insist on. And set up correctly, it's simple to drop in additional heads. But you would only need a couple at first to test the basic functionality.

Last edited:

Cyberpunk 2077 used to have a very small number of 3PP cut scenes, maybe 2 minutes or less total.
CDPR changed them to 1PP to maintain immersion.
It's pretty much just driving, mirrors, and photo mode now.
That would explain it. I probably played before they where changed then.

Interesting touch: There is different starting armour for each of the paladin oaths. There tenants of the oath are written on your armour.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but it looks like the new level 1 abilities might share uses with Channel Divinity?

Divine Sense is a bonus action and gives you advantage on attack against fiends, fey and undead, rather than detecting them.

Divine Smite uses your reaction as well as a spell slot, so that's a nerf.

Am currently trying to go dark side. Killing thralls in the tutorial doesn't work.

Last edited:

Interesting touch: There is different starting armour for each of the paladin oaths. There tenants of the oath are written on your armour.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but it looks like the new level 1 abilities might share uses with Channel Divinity?

Divine Sense is a bonus action and gives you advantage on attack against fiends, fey and undead, rather than detecting them.

Divine Smite uses your reaction as well as a spell slot, so that's a nerf.

Am currently trying to go dark side. Killing thralls in the tutorial doesn't work.
I played a bit during the early stages of the early access. I'm holding off until the full release before I play again, but it's fun to hear about these updates.

By the way, it's tenets, not tenants. Tenants rent your apartment; tenets are terms of a doctrine.

~ The Grammar Police

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Should note the accusations against Cummings where from his ex wife during a custody battle, where they were both saying bad things about each other. And Investigators found the accusations to be unsubstituted. The wife did not press any charges or bring that stuff up anywhere but the custody trial.

That's the sad thing about such accusations. Doesn't matter if its true or not, the damage is done.

Remove ads